5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 New Ram "Device not Supported"

Coaster

Reaction score
Hi, I just recently purchased a new 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Ecodiesel. After a few days, I started to get an annoying "Device not Supported" message on the 12" screen. It would come on every few seconds or not come on for an hour or so. I thought it may be a result of my phone (Galaxy Note 8), so, I unpaired the device and then had the system forget it. I even would leave my phone shut off when entering and driving the truck and the message would continue to appear on the screen. This told me my phone couldn't possibly be the problem right? I repaired my phone to the truck and the message didn't appear for a whole day. What the hell is going on? Wow, I thought my problem was solved and cancelled the appointment I made at the dealership. But, the very next day the message appeared again and it would come on more frequently than ever. By reading others on this forum having similar issues, I tried some of the recommended fixes to no avail. So, I made another appointment with the dealership and took the truck in on June 20, 2020. I had the service guy actually see the message on the screen before turning off the truck. They called me mid day and asked to keep the truck till the end of the day, they were talking with an engineer at Chrysler and waiting for more info. I know this is a long tale, but they called at the end of the day and told me they had found the problem. It was a faulty USB port! The engineer said to disconnect the USB port and reconnect it, should do the trick. The dealership told me to err on the side of caution, that next week they are going to replace the media hub with the faulty USB port. I drove the truck home with no error message. I hope this gives others a possible fix for the dreaded "Device not Supported" message. Cheers

Fairtrade87

Reaction score
I get the same error in my 2019 Ram. My dealer couldn't fix it, very incompetent. I am taking my truck in to another dealer to see if they can resolve.

I have an LG V40, all hardware & software is up to date. I also have used my O.E cord as well as a highly rated aftermarket cord.

ef31700c3e1f5f4e1fd0dbd0d235fcd1.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Coaster

Reaction score
My only suggestion would be to have them check your USB ports in the truck. As with mine, one of them may have to be replaced. Cheers

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I get the same error in my 2019 Ram. My dealer couldn't fix it, very incompetent. I am taking my truck in to another dealer to see if they can resolve.

I have an LG V40, all hardware & software is up to date. I also have used my O.E cord as well as a highly rated aftermarket cord.

ef31700c3e1f5f4e1fd0dbd0d235fcd1.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

stalkerish

Reaction score
New member here. I had this issue with my Rebel with the 12in Uconnect. I do believe it is the USB port as well (Galaxy Note 10 here). I finally got rid of it by slightly jiggling the USB plug at the connection. Have not hooked up for android auto since! I will likely have the dealer look at it when I go in for recalls. Hope this helps someone out.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
New member here. I had this issue with my Rebel with the 12in Uconnect. I do believe it is the USB port as well (Galaxy Note 10 here). I finally got rid of it by slightly jiggling the USB plug at the connection. Have not hooked up for android auto since! I will likely have the dealer look at it when I go in for recalls. Hope this helps someone out.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Paultg

Reaction score
I know it shouldn’t matter, but are you all using factory USB cables (apple or Android)? While I wait for my truck I’ve been reading the owners manual and I thought I saw it in there somewhere. They say non Apple/Android cables could cause issues.

stalkerish

Reaction score
I know it shouldn’t matter, but are you all using factory USB cables (apple or Android)? While I wait for my truck I’ve been reading the owners manual and I thought I saw it in there somewhere. They say non Apple/Android cables could cause issues.
Yep Factory cable here on my Note 10+

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep Factory cable here on my Note 10+
My android auto connection sucks, it connects whenever it feels like it. I only use OEM cables as well as experimenting with a bunch of aftermarket cables. It pisses me off considering my last car AA connected every time without fail.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

paulcakman

Reaction score
Had the same sudden problem with no devices connected every 3 to 5 minutes.
Culprit turned out to be Sirius XM (which is known to be a connected" device to the trucks computer.

Sirius XM issued an over the air (OTA) update and refresh which i just received and message went away immediately and hasn't returned since.

You can do this manually as well by sending a refresh signal to your account- just make sure the truck is n an open area to receive it.

Interestingly, this does not happen when you reboot the truck's system....you have to do it on your account.
Who knew?!

Don't worry though, your truck will receive it eventually next time your driving out in the open and fix itself next time you start it up.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread