5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 limited vented seats

BmoreStew

Reaction score
I Haven’t done much testing yet, but have noticed they perform much better when the hvac is set to auto. If I turn the fan speed of the main blower down manually, the seat vents become almost useless. Turn the main fans back to auto and boom. Cold nuts.

doesn’t make any sense based On what I’ve read here and other places but the boys don’t lie.

smashweights

Reaction score
I have noted mine seem to perform intermittently. Really seems like when I shift in my seat and lift weight off the seat slightly they really kick up but aren't too noticable when sitting still. Maybe my butt obscures the openings too much?

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
The ventilated seats draw air into the seat, they don't blow air out. Because of this, the A/C cannot affect the vented seats at all.
Don't take this the wrong way, but yes it can. By drawing air across your body surface, that is how the venting system has a cooling effect as that air flows across your body. Whether being drawn in or blown out, the cooling effect is the same. Therefore the temperature of that air will change the cooling effect of the vented seats. And hence the cabin temp and A/C will affect it.

I would also argue that the drawing air design is better as you get the ambient temp as the air flow temp instantaneously.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Use the search for "air conditioning hack". There are like 42 pages, so beware, lol. The comments about the cooled seats improving were in there somewhere. The thought is that because the cabin vents are blowing like 10° lower with the hack, the ambient air that the seat blower and pad pull in will make your seat feel cooler and more quick. Here is a good thread that explains in detail how the seats work:

Well that thread confirms it. The pics in there of the guts of the seats is awesome. And there was all that talk of directing cooled air inside the seat, which of course wouldn't do any good since the fans pull air not push it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way, but yes it can. By drawing air across your body surface, that is how the venting system has a cooling effect as that air flows across your body. Whether being drawn in or blown out, the cooling effect is the same. Therefore the temperature of that air will change the cooling effect of the vented seats. And hence the cabin temp and A/C will affect it.

I would also argue that the drawing air design is better as you get the ambient temp as the air flow temp instantaneously.
Guess I didn't do a good job of making my point. The fans pull in ambient cabin air, so of course they will feel cooler if the ambient air temp is cooler. So I concede your point that the AC hack can indirectly affect the ventilated seats. There still seems to be some who think the ventilated seats blow air conditioned air. I was just trying to clarify that they do not.

I share your opinion that it's a better design.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience, @Diddy Sanchez. I am incredibly sorry for the frustration and that you have not been able to get a call back. If you wouldn't mind following up with me via private message to provide additional details of your situation such as VIN, contact info, and dealer name, I would be happy to look into this further for you.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread