5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Laramie Sport

Stew81

Reaction score
Been lurking for a little while and finally decided to join. I traded my 2015 F-150 XLT for a 2020 Laramie Sport. Came here hoping to find some ideas for the first mods on my to do list.

1. Running boards (I really like the power running boards but damn they are expensive!)
2. Leveling Kit. Anyone else level their 2WD? Is it a different kit? I know on the F-150's the 2WD used a smaller leveling kit than the 4wd.
3. Then of coarse the all important question.... How big of a tire can I run without rubbing?
4. I see a lot of black wheels on this site. Anyone level and install bigger tires on the stock Laramie Sport wheels? I prefer to keep it looking mostly stock; just a little taller.

I've found some of the answers already but if anyone wants to throw a suggestion out there I would appreciate it!

On a side note, I was disappointed with the F-150 trade in value. I had a 2015 F-150 XLT, Katskin Leather, 2.7 Ecoboost, 76,000 miles and I was quoted $14,000 by 2 different places. One of them was Texas Direct Auto who is known around here for offering more than the dealership usually. I ended up telling the dealership that I bought my Ram from that another dealership was offering $17,000 so they matched it but that was the the blue book so it's not like they were doing me any favors.

I've seen a few people slamming their F-150's on here but I never had any problem's with mine. Well... Other than the mildew smell after a hard rain. I had a water line on the headliner and never found the leak. I siliconed around the 3rd break light so it must have been a leak around the back glass. I guess I should say that I didn't have any mechanical problems, and the 2.7 had plenty of power. I just really liked the looks and interior of the Laramie Sport so I made the move to Ram!

Stew81

Reaction score
Probably should have included pics... truck 1.jpg

Attachments

• sticker 1 (2)_LI.jpg
    sticker 1 (2)_LI.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 22

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Been lurking for a little while and finally decided to join. I traded my 2015 F-150 XLT for a 2020 Laramie Sport. Came here hoping to find some ideas for the first mods on my to do list.

1. Running boards (I really like the power running boards but damn they are expensive!)
2. Leveling Kit. Anyone else level their 2WD? Is it a different kit? I know on the F-150's the 2WD used a smaller leveling kit than the 4wd.
3. Then of coarse the all important question.... How big of a tire can I run without rubbing?
4. I see a lot of black wheels on this site. Anyone level and install bigger tires on the stock Laramie Sport wheels? I prefer to keep it looking mostly stock; just a little taller.

I've found some of the answers already but if anyone wants to throw a suggestion out there I would appreciate it!

On a side note, I was disappointed with the F-150 trade in value. I had a 2015 F-150 XLT, Katskin Leather, 2.7 Ecoboost, 76,000 miles and I was quoted $14,000 by 2 different places. One of them was Texas Direct Auto who is known around here for offering more than the dealership usually. I ended up telling the dealership that I bought my Ram from that another dealership was offering $17,000 so they matched it but that was the the blue book so it's not like they were doing me any favors.

I've seen a few people slamming their F-150's on here but I never had any problem's with mine. Well... Other than the mildew smell after a hard rain. I had a water line on the headliner and never found the leak. I siliconed around the 3rd break light so it must have been a leak around the back glass. I guess I should say that I didn't have any mechanical problems, and the 2.7 had plenty of power. I just really liked the looks and interior of the Laramie Sport so I made the move to Ram!

Welcome to the site. Here is my 2019 Big Horn 2wd with the ReadyLift 2” leveling kit. I am running a 33x11.50 ridge grappler on oem 20x9 rims with no rubbing and plenty of room to spare. Will be ordering AMP steps very soon. Ran them on a past truck and love them. I like the look of trucks without running boards but like having a step to help get in and to prevent wear on the edge of the seats.

Attachments

• 729EB10D-03C4-4EA1-847D-DE781787C7A2.jpeg
    729EB10D-03C4-4EA1-847D-DE781787C7A2.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 48

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Stew81

Reaction score
Thanks! Do I just put my insurance company in the "eligible through" line at the bottom of page 2?

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Nice truck! I had those tires on my last truck and loved them. I'll most likely end up with those again or maybe Toyo AT2's this time.
Any rubbing? I'd assume 33's fit with some room to spare.
Thank you sir! Plenty of room to spare and no rubbing at all.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks! Do I just put my insurance company in the "eligible through" line at the bottom of page 2?

if you have Allstate then yes, otherwise if you are eligible through an employer or credit union (you can use their search and try different combinations), otherwise just out Allstate anyway and cross your fingers. Please post your updates and results in the other thread so other members can track. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread