5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 JEEP Gladiator (JT) or 2019 RAM 1500 (DT)

Riggs005

Reaction score
So over the last year I have set my eyes on getting a truck, fullsize or midsize. I have never owned a truck, mainly SUV's (JEEP) and my intentions were simple, with tasks that most of the fullsize and midsize vehicles could perform.
  • Daily Driver (40 mile round trip to work/home)
  • Haul my family (Wife, 1 year old, me)
  • Road trip vacations (typically 500-700 mile round trips)
  • Room for rear/forward facing car seat
  • Bed for utilization of small-medium yearly tasks (yearly 4 yards of mulch, home improvement items, kids stuff back/forth to family houses, few times per year large items, help haul brother-in-law Quads/trailer)
Coming from Jeep, my initial intent was the 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT. I have been eyeing a Jeep Truck for years and knew the Gladiator was on its way. However, upon the release of the 19' RAM, my Jeep direction became clouded. This is where I began my nearly 6 month long intense research on both vehicles. To my surprise, along with my wife and friends, I pulled the trigger on the 19' RAM 1500. I recently had some slight buyers remorse and thought should I have gotten the Jeep Gladiator.... But after my wife's ecstatic praise of how roomy and nice the RAM is, I feel my choice was solid.

In no way am I stating that the Jeep Gladiator and Ram 1500 are comparable vehicles. But to me these were the two vehicles I was ready to put my money on. I am happy with the RAM and love the Hemi, Pano roof, Large interior, Tow rating, Bed size, and interior creature comforts. For the money, it was well worth moving into it.

Just wanted to write out my thoughts and thanks to this forum for being a great inspiration for my decision!! :)

THIS WAS THE GLADIATOR I ALMOST BOUGHT:
View attachment 26788

THE 19' RAM 1500 I ENDED UP BUYING:
View attachment 26789

You made the right decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlckDT

Reaction score
I looked up the towing capacity on the new jeep and was surprised go see it's about the same as a minivan. Why have a truck that cant tow? Otherwise just get a wrangler and be done with it. Also needs a larger engine option for sure. I like jeeps but don't quite get this one.

The largest tow for the Gladiator is 7600 lbs. That’s with buying a Sport S trim with Max Tow package. For a midsize it’s the best in class.

Users who are viewing this thread