5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 EcoDiesel - I Know That's Not Diesel Exhaust I Smell!

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
My exhaust leak from last year WAS fixed!
Yes, I remember that. Your situation gave me hope that mine could also be located and repaired. I'm glad yours worked out. I've decided to give it another go with Eco diesel. I haven't heard of any widespread problems in this latest iteration so I will soldier on with a 2022--hoping the replacement process doesn't take long given the chip shortage, etc.

Dogboyslim

Reaction score
I think I may have this. I smell diesel at idle especially at startup. Sometimes the engine seems especially loud when starting from a stop too. I’m 800 miles from home. Do I take it to a dealer here, or wait till I’m home after thanksgiving?

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
I think I may have this. I smell diesel at idle especially at startup. Sometimes the engine seems especially loud when starting from a stop too. I’m 800 miles from home. Do I take it to a dealer here, or wait till I’m home after thanksgiving?
If you have the time, get it documented at the dealership near you. Then you have the trip home for it to clear up. If it doesn't, then get it documented at your dealership. When I say get it documented, really I just mean give RAM a chance to address the issue so that you can get on with enjoying your truck. I tried repeatedly to resolve the issue but my only option was to rid myself of the truck altogether. That's why I lemon law'd mine. Really hated doing that. The truck was awesome in all other aspects. Good luck and Godspeed.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
How old is your truck and what is the mileage?

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Sitting here now internet shopping for my replacement truck. Gonna give the ED another try--Bless this mess.

I'd like to get a custom ordered '22 but the lead time seems unreasonable (6-8 months per my dealer). Tried shopping for MY22s but the inventory is low and the trimmings are slim per truck. My strategy has shifted; gonna go ahead with a well equipped '21 Limited ED. More to follow...

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Hello again. Just posting to update that I went ahead and placed my order for a 22MY RAM 1500 Limited ED. Feeling good about my decision; from what I've been reading, it appears I'm in for quite a waiting period but hopefully in due time it will be in my possession.

Some will ask, so here it is, I am paying MSRP minus any applicable rebates. May be able to get 0% if that is in play as well. I did score a very good rate at Navy Federal Credit Union (1.79%) for 36 months.

Will be updating my signature soon!

Rhombus

Reaction score
Hello again. Just posting to update that I went ahead and placed my order for a 22MY RAM 1500 Limited ED. Feeling good about my decision; from what I've been reading, it appears I'm in for quite a waiting period but hopefully in due time it will be in my possession.

Some will ask, so here it is, I am paying MSRP minus any applicable rebates. May be able to get 0% if that is in play as well. I did score a very good rate at Navy Federal Credit Union (1.79%) for 36 months.

Will be updating my signature soon!
Congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online