5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Big Horn - Not mean looking... help

Pyrotik

Reaction score
Just put Dielectric Grease for electrical connectors in the plug then forget about it. It should water proof it and keep it clean if you ever what to re-attach it.

Well for the first time today I felt bad wind under there. My MPG hasn’t budged but I felt what felt like something hitting the bottom of the truck at speeds over 60 and thought a wire was loose slapping my underbody but nothing is. I think the dam not redirecting air is making me feel the gusts through my pedal.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well for the first time today I felt bad wind under there. My MPG hasn’t budged but I felt what felt like something hitting the bottom of the truck at speeds over 60 and thought a wire was loose slapping my underbody but nothing is. I think the dam not redirecting air is making me feel the gusts through my pedal.
Nothing as bad as what you described on my end, will see when it gets windy. Wonder if there were some debris on the road
I did noticed right away what I described as more cabin noise and made sense to me after removing the air dams

PoopsMcGee

Reaction score
Any updates with the air-dam removal has significantly affected gas or for handling?

joemo

Reaction score
Any updates with the air-dam removal has significantly affected gas or for handling?
Nope, nothing to report. Gas milage is the same 14.1 mpg. Handling is fine, and no errors :) I just listed my airdam even since there have been no issues.

joemo

Reaction score
Nothing as bad as what you described on my end, will see when it gets windy. Wonder if there were some debris on the road
I did noticed right away what I described as more cabin noise and made sense to me after removing the air dams
I have a 2 hour drive today and will be doing highway miles at about 75. It will be a good test and will report back. I have been on the highway since removing but never noticed. I will turn the radio down even to see if I hear/feel anything.

PoopsMcGee

Reaction score
Nope, nothing to report. Gas milage is the same 14.1 mpg. Handling is fine, and no errors :) I just listed my airdam even since there have been no issues.
Thanks for that. Was considering removing the air dam as it seems to be endurance for clearance and going off-road

joemo

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Was considering removing the air dam as it seems to be endurance for clearance and going off-road
I removed it because after the new bumper, you could clearly see it hanging there. Just looked really strange.

Users who are viewing this thread