5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Already going back to dealer in 2 days

joallen001

Reaction score
I thought for sure I would avoid some of the issues by getting a 2020 I guess not. My push button start goes from the start to acc and that’s it. It will never go back to off. I have been trying for the past 12 hours and sent a video to a service manager and they said bring it in after trying to fix over the phone. I can turn my screen off but dash stays lit. It either says accessory or ignition on and sometimes it says the truck is not in park. I never realized until I was in my office for a couple hours and someone called. My phone kept connecting to the Bluetooth in the truck. That’s when I went to check it and sure enough the dash radio everything was on.

Grayman5752

Reaction score
Had a challenger come in for the same issue. I replaced the KIN (push button) and it fixed it. Not saying that’s definitely what it is, but that’s what I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramhead

Reaction score
I've said this numerous times in other posts.....the first step anyone should take when something like this happens is to disconnect the battery, wait 15 mins & reconnect. Then see what happens and let everything reboot.

Our trucks (like just about every other new veh. today) are more computers on wheels than anything else....EVERY function now seems to be correlated to some kind of software/computer handling. Disconnecting & reconnecting the battery is like doing the Ctrl-Alt-Delete on a screwy PC. Will it work? ...who knows, but it's quick & easy and could wind up preventing a tow job or unnecessary tinkering by service dept.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I had a situation with my previous Camaro where a wire was grounding out on a heat shield. Caused the car to not shut off completely...same symptoms you list above, but also cause the car to lose power when driving, then turn the engine on and off on its own...all while driving down the road at 35mph. My problem was caused following a torque converter replacement and tech installed the heat shield upside down.

May not be your issue here, but could very easily be a short. Could even just be a bad battery sending bad low voltage signals to the computer systems.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I thought for sure I would avoid some of the issues by getting a 2020 I guess not. My push button start goes from the start to acc and that’s it. It will never go back to off. I have been trying for the past 12 hours and sent a video to a service manager and they said bring it in after trying to fix over the phone. I can turn my screen off but dash stays lit. It either says accessory or ignition on and sometimes it says the truck is not in park. I never realized until I was in my office for a couple hours and someone called. My phone kept connecting to the Bluetooth in the truck. That’s when I went to check it and sure enough the dash radio everything was on.

Hi joallen001,

I sincerely apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your new truck. If you are in need of any additional assistance while working with your dealer on this, please do not hesitate to send us a private message.

Mark
RamCares

joallen001

Reaction score
Ramhead I did start to unhook the battery but decided not to. Being it’s brand new I haven’t even got tags on it yet. I wanted a record started On the issue just in case.

Went back to the dealership today and so far no fix has been found. I am leaving for vacation so I had to leave the truck with them. I can’t take it with me because the battery will just die sitting overnight. Dealer has already made several calls and all modules show the truck is in park. Luckily I have not sold the old reliable tacoma yet.
Two new Tacoma’s and 450k miles and never once had to carry it in for an issue. But I was ready for a change. I guess it’s the price you pay for updated and advanced technology.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Glad you took it in. The BCM was a real issue on earlier FCA minivans (2011-2014 I think) as well as other makes. It controls most everything power wise.

RamCares

Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update. The dealership finally got it fixed today. It ended up being the BCM (body control module)

Thank you for keeping us updated, joallen001. Glad to hear your dealer was able to assist with this! Should any additional questions or concerns arise down the road, our team is always just a PM away and more than happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread