5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 Limited Air Ride BDS 4" Lift

Mopar_Gummy

Reaction score
What's up everyone. I figured I'd make this post since there are only 2 current kits on the market for the DT Air ride equipped Rams.
After hours of searching, there was little to no information on the efficacy of either Rough Country or BDS' kit.
Background:
I have been tuning (27) cars for roughly 21 years. I have owned everything from Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Mitsubishi, VW, Benz, Mazda, Nissan, Chrysler, etc... I have had the pleasure of working with NA vehicles, Nitrous, Turbo, and SC as well. That said, i came to the truck world recently (earlier this year) from my Hellcat. I loved the space and the performance of the powerplant, but felt it was a waste to have it sitting in my garage all but weekends since i converted it to e85 to achieve 1k hp. I had always wanted a Silverado, as i like the aggressive look. I purchased a base Custom,with only 4x4 and Off road package (2" lift) as my options, which my wife called my starter truck.
Current situation:
After researching what modifications i wanted to do to make the truck own, i decided to appraise it 3 weeks after purchase. When they offered 3k over what I paid (thanks chip shortage), i decided it was better to upgrade the truck, then modify. I was on my way to an AT4 or Denali (or so i thought), until i fell in love with the refined interior of the Limited trim. So i bought it, and started looking for lift kits. I was able to find that one of the main differences between both kits was that one would accommodate factory rims and the other would not. I had the 22" from factory, which i could retain with large bore knuckle option from BDS, until i get my 24" Fuel rims.i ordered the kit about 3 weeks ago, and it came in rather fast. That said, i dropped off my truck Tuesday for the 8 hours install, and at the tail end, they noticed they sent the wrong knuckles. Personally, i check all items are there prior to starting (whether it's Ikea furniture or car parts), but hey, different folks different strokes. A week later, the knuckles have finally arrived, and i am due to pick up the truck today or tomorrow.
So, i will be providing before and after pics, as well as a review to help others in their decision making moving forward.

Mopar_Gummy

Reaction score
What's up everybody,
Just picked up my truck, and am loving the new ride height. The air suspension still works like factory, and the ride is very smooth. Next up, a set of wheels

Mopar_Gummy

Reaction score
Looks nice. I really like the stance and I’m sure it’ll look perfect with some new shoes! I’m hoping they release the 2021 kit soon.
Thanks man, and yes it will. I'm not sure what difference there would be to the 2021 kit. I would imagine it's the same suspension. May be worth a call.

I will note that they send the small bore instead of large bore (for 20, not 22) at first, and i just noticed the BDS shocks, not Fox 2.0 shocks i ordered, were installed.

Waiting on a call back from the shop. Make sure you double check your parts!

Users who are viewing this thread