5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 Big Horn & tow mirror - yes another mirror question

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Hi - I just picked up a nice 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the tow mirrors. I want to replace them with standard mirrors, and I know that part is easy to do ... my question is, if I replace them with power folding mirrors and I do get a new switch with the power fold button (also easy to do) ... do I need to do any other electrical work (which is not easy to do for me, don't want to do anything with wiring). Or is the truck and the harness/wiring coming off the switch already setup to provide power for folding? I am fine doing the work if everything is truly plug and play. I'm also fine if I need to get into AlphaOBD for any updates.

Along the same lines, the new mirrors all seem to have puddle LED lights - my current tow mirrors do not - so same question, do the puddle lights work w/no other wiring/electrical changes needed? Thank you.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You also need to replace the door modules with ones that are power folding capable. You will not need to do anything with any wiring, just swap the parts. You will need to use AlfaOBD to enable the power fold feature, and any other features the new mirrors have that your old mirrors did not have.

Users who are viewing this thread