5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 - any news?

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Any insight when the builder is up? Would love to get a Sport optioned Limited if my Lemon Process goes through.
With a Lemon Buyback, does that only include the price paid, or the total Out the door price including tax, tags & processing fees? And what about any after market accessories like bed liners and tonneau covers?

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Honestly not 100% sure. From the paperwork I filled out, my understanding it will be what I paid plus and permanent upgrades. In my scenario I requested a new vehicle. If it goes well I hope to just order a new truck for around same MSRP and I can use the cash from add one to do the same again.

DavidNJ

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie Sport that came with the base wheels. I hate them, but I think they would look better in black. I'm considering just plasti-dipping them or having them powder coated. I can't see spending more on a brand new set of rims. I seriously doubt I'd get much for my stock rims. Cheaper to just have them painted.
View attachment 32825

This is very popular with autocrossers. It also protects the rims.

Apexcars

Reaction score
They are slowly updating the builder but as usual it seems to have problems. They have added the multifunction tailgate but it says you can only get it with black and not at all with Ramboxes.

Obligatory9

Reaction score
For those of you who have ordered a 2020, what price breaks are you looking at? I'm being told there are no incentives yet on the 2020s which makes sense, but I'm sure the dealerships still have some wiggle room from MSRP.

Jims380da

Reaction score
For those of you who have ordered a 2020, what price breaks are you looking at? I'm being told there are no incentives yet on the 2020s which makes sense, but I'm sure the dealerships still have some wiggle room from MSRP.
No incentives yet from what I heard. I'd think September as most brands do a truck month. I would bet that FCA does not want to slow down the sales momentum that they created the last 6 months. Really put a hurting on GM

diamondmi

Reaction score
My new 2020 came in today and they’re telling me no incentives. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waiting for my newly ordered 2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle. Looking forward to delivery. Truck going through final inspection.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

There probably won't be incentives on the 2020's for a few months...if not longer. This should have been expected given how well the '19s are selling. Additionally, even the '19s incentives aren't that much on the upper trim levels (Laramie Longhorn and Limiteds)...it's been like that since day one.

DavidNJ

Reaction score
Incentives are to clear the inventory...this is a peak selling period and on leases the time with the highest residual on the new model year.

My guess is there will be September incentives to push up the numbers for the quarter and probably December incentives to raise the year number and see if they can pass Ford. In June, the Ram was only 2k units, 70k vs 68k, behind the Ford. It was higher than Silverado and Sierra combined (42k and 17k).

For comparison, in January Silverado + Sierra sales were close to double Ram sales, and F-series were more than double Ram sales. FCA has a chance for Ram to pass F-series for one or more months in the second half, and maybe even win a quarter.

BBQBrew01

Reaction score
It is so hard waiting! I put deposit down on a 2020 Laramie 07/20 and the dealership says they still can’t complete the order because “Level 2 Equipment Group” & “Advanced Safety” packages are not available to order yet!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Waiting for my newly ordered 2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle. Looking forward to delivery. Truck going through final inspection.

Wow, they must be selling well, even when the 19 just came out they had incentives not much but their was something.

Obligatory9

Reaction score
As a few have mentioned September may bring something, also that is when they are supposed to officially launch the 2020 (web builder up, etc). I'm on the fence about ordering now or waiting, I just don't want to be stuck paying MSRP. Good luck Diamondmi.

diamondmi

Reaction score
As a few have mentioned September may bring something, also that is when they are supposed to officially launch the 2020 (web builder up, etc). I'm on the fence about ordering now or waiting, I just don't want to be stuck paying MSRP. Good luck Diamondmi.

I did get invoice but no incentives.

Waiting for my newly ordered 2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle. Looking forward to delivery. Truck arrived!!! Yes!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There probably won't be incentives on the 2020's for a few months...if not longer. This should have been expected given how well the '19s are selling. Additionally, even the '19s incentives aren't that much on the upper trim levels (Laramie Longhorn and Limiteds)...it's been like that since day one.

Not exactly. They were giving up to around 30% off sticker, even on Longhorn and Limited models in June.

My guess is there will be September incentives to push up the numbers for the quarter and probably December incentives to raise the year number and see if they can pass Ford. In June, the Ram was only 2k units, 70k vs 68k, behind the Ford. It was higher than Silverado and Sierra combined (42k and 17k).

For comparison, in January Silverado + Sierra sales were close to double Ram sales, and F-series were more than double Ram sales. FCA has a chance for Ram to pass F-series for one or more months in the second half, and maybe even win a quarter.

June was the month they were giving as high as 30% off MSRP on pretty much all models. I doubt they will have another month close to that high in sales volume any time soon. They obviously cleared out a LOT of their inventory of '19 models in June.

I think if they tried another push like that in September, while they are still ramping up production of '20 models, they would be in danger of running out of inventory at some dealerships and not being able to get more quickly enough to meet demand.

What I have seen in the past 10 years of owning a RAM is that FCA often has big incentives in the November timeframe, to clear out last year's inventory. This year, for whatever reason, it seemed like they did that push in June, instead of waiting until November. I would guess that they MIGHT do big incentives again in November - but that's only if they still have '19s sitting around on dealer lots. And the incentives would only be for "in stock" '19 models.

Users who are viewing this thread