5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POSDodge1500

Reaction score
Has a service electronic stability control/ service trailer brake
And other sensors at unavailable
Key fob isn’t dead I used my spare, same thing. locks and unlocks, but wouldn’t start just glitches out when I try to start. No crank, and remote start does not work.
I tried jumping it, and it slowly cranked over and started, but when I started driving the traction control light was on and would stay in 1st gear.
Turned it off and it wont start again.
Tried unplugging the battery, but it keeps doing the same thing..
Please help I need this truck for work.
It has 106xxxkms on it

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My problem as described below, solved with a new battery. Battery was a little over 2 years old, approximately 21,000 miles.
In addition to not coming out of first gear the display stated:
1. Service Electronic Stability Control
2. Service Trailer Brake System
3. Park Sense Rear Braking Assist Off
4. Service light was on (not sure if engine or traction control)

I went out an hour or so later and the situation resolved itself.

POSDodge1500

Reaction score
That sounds like a bad battery. And when the power gets disconnected and reconnected, things go nuts and it takes a few hours, possibly overnight,
My problem as described below, solved with a new battery. Battery was a little over 2 years old, approximately 21,000 miles.
In addition to not coming out of first gear the display stated:
1. Service Electronic Stability Control
2. Service Trailer Brake System
3. Park Sense Rear Braking Assist Off
4. Service light was on (not sure if engine or traction control)

I went out an hour or so later and the situation resolved itself.
Fingers crossed, I hope that’s the case😭 I love my truck so much and to see it as it is makes me so frustrated

POSDodge1500

Reaction score
That sounds like a bad battery. And when the power gets disconnected and reconnected, things go nuts and it takes a few hours, possibly overnight, for things to settle down.
Did you just plop a new battery in, and off she went? What’s the normal voltage 14v?

hoodac78

Reaction score
Has a service electronic stability control/ service trailer brake
And other sensors at unavailable
Key fob isn’t dead I used my spare, same thing. locks and unlocks, but wouldn’t start just glitches out when I try to start. No crank, and remote start does not work.
I tried jumping it, and it slowly cranked over and started, but when I started driving the traction control light was on and would stay in 1st gear.
Turned it off and it wont start again.
Tried unplugging the battery, but it keeps doing the same thing..
Please help I need this truck for work.
It has 106xxxkms on it
Yep I'll second everyone else's opinion here. Sounds like a faulty battery. I had starting issues a couple months ago and when I finally got it boosted, I had the dash light up like a Christmas tree with all the warning lights. Took the truck to the dealership, they tested the battery and it failed. They put the new one in under warranty, cleared the codes and she was good to go.

Bulletsmoke

Reaction score
2019 1500 Classic Blackout. The cargo light keeps coming on by itself. I believe thats what drained the battery to begin with. Jumped it off with a lithium jump box, started and ran fine. Ran it for an hour or so. Came out to a dead truck this morning with the cargo light indicator on again.

Users who are viewing this thread