5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Silverado First Look

Phoon

Reaction score
I have seen several and i like the exterior design, I think it looks fresh crisp and modern. It seems like they have made advances in the engineering of the body and frame and neglected the interior. It is not insignificant to cut 350 or 400 lbs out of a truck that was already similar in weight to the aluminum F150 for instance. I think the mid range trucks will do ok, its the denali and high country that are a let down inside compared to the limited/ longhorn.

Troop2865

Reaction score
I have never been a big GM fan, but I do agree the 6.2 with the 10 speed transmission is a great towing option. Tests show more power and descent fuel economy. However, I find it odd it cannot be ordered on every trim level. I also think they have done some good things with the bed configuration. As others, I also believe the rounded fenders are much better than the old square shaped ones. The new fenders should allow for larger tires with less lift. And finally, they did center the steering wheel on the new truck (many complaints about the old trucks steering wheel not being straight or centered).

I think the overall styling of the exterior is unattractive. The front end looks disjointed The way the bumper and fenders come together does not look good. It looks like the fenders hang off the sides of the bumper.

As others have said, the interior looks like they ran out of time and they rushed to put something together to make a deadline. Both the Chevy and Ford seem to use way too much hard plastic surfaces and they feel cheap compared to the Ram.

As I said, I have never been a GM fan. When I began looking at a new truck it came down to Ram or Ford. While I like the all aluminum body on the Ford, there we just so many more things to like on the Ram.

The competition makes for better trucks for all. It will be interesting to see Ford’s next generation.

Users who are viewing this thread