5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Silverado First Look

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just completely confirms that I made the right choice in the new Ram 1500. Seemed odd they wouldn't even let you touch the one at the Houston Auto show in Jan, but this is just not a good looking truck, inside or out.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The guys at TFL didn't seem super impressed with it either.

In my opinion and I know people will say I'm biased, this truck is a miss. Still behind the F150 and Ram.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Trucktrend and pickuptrucks.com both seemed pretty positive on it. TFL not as much but seemed to like how it towed. All seem to think it is an improvement all-round over the previous GM trucks but it will be more interesting when they do comparison reviews.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That 6.2 GM engine with the 10 speed looks like a great combo. Maybe Ram can up their game with a 6.4 hemi for the 1500 with a 10 speed?

The 6.2 10 speed will be a monster for sure. I hope Ram has a counter available in regular trim levels lined up

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
FUGLY......

Yeah, I think sales are going to slide. Really this truck could have come out in 2014. There's nothing new or technologically advanced depending on how you feel about the dynamic skip fire and of course the 10 speed wasn't ready.

glennf14

Reaction score
Yea this is not gonna bode well for GM. A lot of folks are gonna head over to Ford or Ram, I think.

I can’t figure out the marketing for this truck. Who is it for? Who are they trying to win over? The front end is really “out there” and aggressive looking so maybe for a younger audience like myself? But then the interior is drab, basic, and with hardly any significant upgrades to make you wanna go sit in one. That ain’t gonna work well with my techy generation.

ALSO, ummm is there no adaptive cruise in the Silverado or the Sierra?! I haven’t been able to find anything that says it has adaptive cruise. If that’s the case then....wow.
Nobody should pay 50k+ for a vehicle and not at least get adaptive cruise control. Just got back from a round trip to ATL from Raleigh and used it the entire time on my wife’s 2015 Durango. That feature is a must have.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, don’t really care how well the new Silverado tows, I could never get over that ugliness inside or out!:sick: Man that thing is horrible. IMO

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's the same guys looking underneath and I was a bit surprised at some of their comments given they work at the dealership. They clearly did not care for some of the engineering choices GM made.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Their "simulated" 4low solution is funny to me. You need the torque multiplication and better crawl ratio of an actual 4low/2 speed transfer case to assist moving heavy trailers and such off road. No simulated 4low setup using brakes will solve that problem.

Granted, the average light duty full size truck buyer probably doesn't require an actual 4low.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I saw a 2019 Silverado High Country parked at the grocery store yesterday evening with dealer plates. Didn't have my phone with me to take pictures, but I did a walkaround and looked inside. It had the black interior, and man, did it look boooooring. The exterior didn't look *terrible*, but I think the old one looked better, especially the front end.

Cajun

Reaction score
The interior still looks the same. I just traded a 17' Sierra All Terrain for my Ram. The interior was boring and very cheaply made. I have never had a vehicle with so many interior parts/panels rattling.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everyone I know with GM trucks seems to have more problems with them, even the lights burn out all the time.

techieanalyst

Reaction score
Doesnt look bad on the outside but the interior wtf? Why make anew truck and stick an interior from 2007 in it........

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
I did like the previous model front end a bit better, although the wheel wells on this new one look way better than those hideous squared off wheel wells on the last generation. Too bad they didn't just leave the rest of the truck how it was and rounded out the wheel wells, would've looked much better! I've yet to see one on the road yet though. I saw a 19' GMC sitting at a dealer lot. Seen the new Ram out on the road before and it looked nice!

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been a Chevy guy my whole life. I was waiting for the 2019 Silverado to come out to replace my current 4 wheel drive ride. I absolutely hated the wheel wells of the previous generation with their flattened top openings. The 2019 made a return to the round wheel openings...and that was about all they had done. I was very unimpressed. So much so that I'm looking to get into a 2019 Ram Limited. This is the first time I've ever been really interested in an FCA product.

Users who are viewing this thread