5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel E-Torque Broke Down again...

OldSkull

Reaction score
Just got my 2019 Rebel back Last Thursday, after having it towed to the dealer for not starting... the dealer said it was a loose ground strap ....and fixed it.

I had to have it towed back to the dealer AGAIN this morning for not starting. But this time It’s completley dead and locked up. The battery is fully charged but there’s No Power at all. The key fobs don’t work and the gear shift it’s locked up....I can’t open the back doors or the tailgate. Pretty agrivated at this point.

The dealer gave me the number for Ram Cares and told me to request a “Buy Back” for safety reasons. They’re still going to try and fix it but since it’s brand new they’d try for the Buy Back.
The service manager is stumped.
The tow truck driver told me it’s the 5th Ram they’ve towed this month with locked up gear shifters.
I told Ram Cares I don’t want it back. I want to swap it out or a straight Buy Back. They opened the case. God willing it goes through smoothly and we can get a different Truck. No More E-Torques for me.

Last edited:

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just got my 2019 Rebel back Last Thursday, after having it towed to the dealer for not starting... the dealer said it was a loose ground strap ....and fixed it.

I had to have it towed back to the dealer AGAIN this morning for not starting. But this time It’s completley dead and locked up. The battery is fully charged but there’s No Power at all. The key fobs don’t work and the gear shift it’s locked up....I can’t open the back doors or the tailgate. Pretty agrivated at this point.

The dealer gave me the number for Ram Cares and told me to request a “Buy Back” for safety reasons. They’re still going to try and fix it but since it’s brand new they’d try for the Buy Back.
The service manager is stumped.
The tow truck driver told me it’s the 5th Ram they’ve towed this month with locked up gear shifters.
I told Ram Cares I don’t want it back. I want to swap it out or a straight Buy Back. They opened the case. God willing it goes through smoothly and we can get a different Truck. No More E-Torques for me.
Hope your buy back plan works. Any info you gather on the exact cause of those break downs will be of great value to the rest of us so if you are willing, please keep us posted on what service learns about your truck!

OldSkull

Reaction score
I’ll keep ya’s posted. I was feeling pretty good about the truck last week when they “fixed” it.
But I can’t keep doing this. We’re losing time at work etc... and it’s not reliable or worth the $450/ month when we don’t want to drive it anywhere.
The service manager said the only thing he could think of is a dead Battery, but it had a full charge... even the Tow Truck driver checked the battery and said it’s fully charged...
and it was just in the shop last week for cranking but not starting... I’m sure they would have checked the Battery then.
It was the dealers suggestion to ask for a Buy Back. They just had a 2019 Durango get bought back for electrical issues. He also said the 2019 Wranglers are having lots of electrical issues too.

OldSkull

Reaction score
I still haven’t gotten the truck back. Ram cares dont want to buy it back yet... they want to try and have it fixed but they don’t know why it won’t start.
I can’t believe my dealer won’t switch this truck out for us. It’s a Lease, and we Lease a new truck every 2 years... 3rd Ram in 5 years... The dealer won’t swap it out. It’s BS.
I’ll let ya’s know if/when they fix it.

OldSkull

Reaction score
Ram Cares don’t want to buy the vehicle back yet. The dealer is trying to resolve the issues. They said a missing bolt caused the no Starting issue...maybe... last time it was a loose strap.
We’re Really disappointed in Ram and Done with our dealer for good. The truck has had electrical and Not Starting issues since we got it. Sometimes the touch screen don’t work at all. and it consistently gets gets 8-12 mpg...
Ram told me the mpg are estimated... how can they be 50% -60% off?
I asked Ram Cares and the dealer If we can keep our my payment the same but trade the Rebel in for a lower priced big horn without E-Torque but they Don’t want to do that either.
Brand new truck runs like garbage and we’re stuck with it...lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread