5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Air Suspension Leveling

ADK Ram

Reaction score
So when you do this level kit, can you fit 35x12.5 tires? I think I might want to try this first, and then if I want to add more height, I can go to an air suspension lift later on.

RAMpage

Reaction score
Since I am looking to level out my Rebel by lowering the rear only (stock height it fine for me for now since I don't plan on changing tires anytime soon)... is the Revel rear-only lower kit all I need then?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Necrocis

Reaction score
Do upper control arms need to be swapped out with this set up or are the stock ones just fine? Also, is there any link to a video or guide showing how to removed the air shock and place the spacers in?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not quite same, but a spacer and links adjusted for max height will get you close.

Here’s the deal, that is not sustainable. The angle this places on the upper control arm ball joint AND axle joint will likely cause damage. I do not drive around (other than tight parking spots) this high, and I have not put it in 4WD at all at this height.

Those issues are all addressed when a lift is installed, by dropping the front diff and changing the knuckle or upper control arm.

Mine is the black one (limited-hence air suspension)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow! o_O not bad for what little you put into it.(y)(y)!

Jwrichardson

Reaction score
Daystar front spacer(KC09113BK)
Custom leveling links made from 8mm rod ends and 6mm threaded rod. https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/products/ball-sockets/8mm-ball-sockets-1/
6mm threaded rod picked up from a local Fastenal store.

Install the spacers, cut the threaded rod to the size required to do the lift you want(my fonts were 2.25" from center to center)

It is really simple, the most important part is airing out the air bags before removal.

After using this setup, have you changed shocks or struts. Any issues? I'm considering this and was wondering if you needed or recommended anything other that the Daystar 2.5 inch spacers and the revel adjustable end-links? Also, how is ride quality? Thank you!

DieselDak

Reaction score
After using this setup, have you changed shocks or struts. Any issues? I'm considering this and was wondering if you needed or recommended anything other that the Daystar 2.5 inch spacers and the revel adjustable end-links? Also, how is ride quality? Thank you!

That is it, I have done nothing else. 8000miles on it. Ride quality is as good as stock with use of the spacers the air pressure stays the same.

Jwrichardson

Reaction score
That is it, I have done nothing else. 8000miles on it. Ride quality is as good as stock with use of the spacers the air pressure stays the same.
Excellent, I have the spacers and the revel end links. Only thing stopping me is the dealer is stating that if it effects anything in the future than my warranty is voided on those parts. Anything you can see this affecting in the future? Already replaced the the steering rack and pinion at 2850(steering wheel clicking turning to left.) Also, the want 5 hours of labor, just under 600 and a double alignment for 150.) Thoughts?

Jwrichardson

Reaction score
Daystar front spacer(KC09113BK)
Custom leveling links made from 8mm rod ends and 6mm threaded rod. https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/products/ball-sockets/8mm-ball-sockets-1/
6mm threaded rod picked up from a local Fastenal store.

Install the spacers, cut the threaded rod to the size required to do the lift you want(my fonts were 2.25" from center to center)

It is really simple, the most important part is airing out the air bags before removal.

hey buddy, do you ride around in normal ride height?(third indicator up) or do you ride around in highway mode(2nd indicator up)?

Users who are viewing this thread