5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Air Suspension Leveling

cummins2500hd

Reaction score
Had anyone replaced the front air suspension sensing arms on a 2019 Rebel to try and level the truck some? Curious how much shorter the arm was versus factory.

DieselDak

Reaction score
Daystar front spacer(KC09113BK)
Custom leveling links made from 8mm rod ends and 6mm threaded rod. https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/products/ball-sockets/8mm-ball-sockets-1/
6mm threaded rod picked up from a local Fastenal store.

Install the spacers, cut the threaded rod to the size required to do the lift you want(my fonts were 2.25" from center to center)

It is really simple, the most important part is airing out the air bags before removal.

A10

Reaction score
Custom leveling links made from 8mm rod ends and 6mm threaded rod. https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/products/ball-sockets/8mm-ball-sockets-1/

Install the spacers, cut the threaded rod to the size required to do the lift you want(my fonts were 2.25" from center to center)

It is really simple, the most important part is airing out the air bags before removal.

I’m reading that this daystar spacer won’t work on air ride trucks. Did u have to do some fabrication to it to make it work? What’s the story? How the hell did u fit 37’s in there???

rebeldan

Reaction score

Hello, do you have to get the air system recharged? Also how about back links? I order revel lowing level my 19 rebel with air. Noew thinking to ad the daystars as well.
Thanks

Nucdancer01

Reaction score
Hello, do you have to get the air system recharged? Also how about back links? I order revel lowing level my 19 rebel with air. Noew thinking to ad the daystars as well.
Thanks

Most common response on here is 5 “disconnects” before recharge is required.

I don’t have documentation to prove, but I do know that I disconnected both fronts the first time I tried to install the spacers, then couldn’t get the upper ball joint to separate, so I put it back together. The next attempt was to just unbolt the upper control arm to get room to remove front struts. That worked like a charm.

So I have disconnected both front struts twice, and have full functionality and comfort from mine. Also-homemade links to adjust height after spacer install.

36614e327a7b39cfb61469ad25d2f821.jpg

This is in OR1, parked next to 6” lift.

OR2 is unavailable since I have maxed out OR1 ride quality and lift.

(Disclaimer-I don’t usually ride around in OR1, even though it isn’t TOO bouncy, but that’s only to protect my CV joints and Ball joints)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyramtruck99

Reaction score
Is this something similar to the revel performance link system i see them selling now for the 2019 air rid ram? Thanks for the info nobody around here wants to mess with air ride level kit!

rebeldan

Reaction score
Question. Just got my revel links in. All leveled. Question and something odd. Front links are totally different length on the links them self from drivers side to passenger side yet all is level. Is this ok?

Nucdancer01

Reaction score
Is this something similar to the revel performance link system i see them selling now for the 2019 air rid ram? Thanks for the info nobody around here wants to mess with air ride level kit!

Similar, but IMO, making your own links is very easy, and WAY cheaper.

Nucdancer01

Reaction score
Question. Just got my revel links in. All leveled. Question and something odd. Front links are totally different length on the links them self from drivers side to passenger side yet all is level. Is this ok?

Slight differences in length is likely acceptable. I would recommend you verify the sockets are seated properly on the upper control arm and ride height sensor, and make sure your sensors are fastened to the truck properly (no loose fasteners on sensors), pretty sure if you have a sensor failure, the dealer will not honor warranty if there is evidence of aftermarket links.

rebeldan

Reaction score
Slight differences in length is likely acceptable. I would recommend you verify the sockets are seated properly on the upper control arm and ride height sensor, and make sure your sensors are fastened to the truck properly (no loose fasteners on sensors), pretty sure if you have a sensor failure, the dealer will not honor warranty if there is evidence of aftermarket links.

Crazy just looked all tight. 1" thread difference perfectly levelled. Rides great. Better pull them off and revert to stock. Can't be right.

rebeldan

Reaction score
took in for alignment, all good. Just can't go into exit entry. Must have dropped the rear too low. Anyone else use the lower links? I went up 1 inch in front and took the rest of rake out of rear going down. Ride is perfect, i see no difference in comfort, mind you i am riding on 22" Fuels 33x12.5x22" so not a cushy as the Duratrac stockers.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
So with the Revel links on a Rebel you need to lower the rear to level the truck? That sucks.
You shouldn't need to lower the rear - you just have the ability to fine tune if you want/need to. Revel sells only 4pc kit for front & rear. (I have daystar spacer in the front + revel links on my limited air suspension, with off road pkg.)

ADK Ram

Reaction score
Most common response on here is 5 “disconnects” before recharge is required.

I don’t have documentation to prove, but I do know that I disconnected both fronts the first time I tried to install the spacers, then couldn’t get the upper ball joint to separate, so I put it back together. The next attempt was to just unbolt the upper control arm to get room to remove front struts. That worked like a charm.

So I have disconnected both front struts twice, and have full functionality and comfort from mine. Also-homemade links to adjust height after spacer install.

36614e327a7b39cfb61469ad25d2f821.jpg

This is in OR1, parked next to 6” lift.

OR2 is unavailable since I have maxed out OR1 ride quality and lift.

(Disclaimer-I don’t usually ride around in OR1, even though it isn’t TOO bouncy, but that’s only to protect my CV joints and Ball joints)

Which is which? So, at max height, the leveling kit on an air ride truck is basically just as tall as a 6" lift? Both of these trucks look great. Maybe this is what I'll do to my Rebel.

Nucdancer01

Reaction score
Which is which? So, at max height, the leveling kit on an air ride truck is basically just as tall as a 6" lift? Both of these trucks look great. Maybe this is what I'll do to my Rebel.

Not quite same, but a spacer and links adjusted for max height will get you close.

Here’s the deal, that is not sustainable. The angle this places on the upper control arm ball joint AND axle joint will likely cause damage. I do not drive around (other than tight parking spots) this high, and I have not put it in 4WD at all at this height.

Those issues are all addressed when a lift is installed, by dropping the front diff and changing the knuckle or upper control arm.

Mine is the black one (limited-hence air suspension)

brotharon

Reaction score
Has anyone actually installed the spacers and links on the air suspension for a 2019 Rebel? This question keeps coming up, and I keep seeing responses from people with Limiteds who have done this. The suspension setup (as far as I keep hearing) is different between the Rebel and the Limited, and I am understanding that you need to lower the rear of the Rebel to level it. I would like to know if you can lift the front and use spacers to level a Rebel since I do not want to lower my Rebel.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone actually installed the spacers and links on the air suspension for a 2019 Rebel? This question keeps coming up, and I keep seeing responses from people with Limiteds who have done this. The suspension setup (as far as I keep hearing) is different between the Rebel and the Limited, and I am understanding that you need to lower the rear of the Rebel to level it. I would like to know if you can lift the front and use spacers to level a Rebel since I do not want to lower my Rebel.
I have a limited but yes there are multiple rebels on here who have...

Users who are viewing this thread