5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Won’t Start

DolfanRAM

Reaction score
Need some advice as I can’t find anything online that includes my symptoms. I have a 2019 Ram that won’t respond to 2 Key Fobs at all. Can’t lock, unlock, use the panic button or start the truck with either. When I enter the vehicle and press the start button I DO NOT see “key fob not detected” instead nothing changes. The truck seems to have power as I can use the power button to lock and unlock the doors, have life in the screens and was able to use my garage door opener. I also tried a booster and no luck. Any idea what is up? Could I have 2 key fobs with dead batteries (unlikely)? Should I reset the trucks battery?

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well....you could have both FOB batteries dead. Try a new battery in one of them, and see if anything changes. Do a voltage test on the truck's battery too while you are at it. I'm betting is one or the other...good luck sir.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your thread title states your truck won't start. If that is so, and it is the original battery, I would suggest replacing that before you waste any more time. Give the truck a little time for all of the systems to fully come back on line and then let us know where you stand.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
change the battery of one.key fob, if not, i would check the truck battery, having some power leff dosrnt mean it strong enough for everything and or start

DolfanRAM

Reaction score
Key FOB battery changed, no luck. Truck battery appears to pass voltage test. No clue on this one, truck towed to dealer. Fuse or ignition switch? Remote just completely out of sync? Weird one, truck is unresponsive from remote even if I push the button with it.

Derrick_Cyr81

Reaction score
Look at rfh under the back window to see if there are green fuzzies in the connector and module

DolfanRAM

Reaction score
Look at rfh under the back window to see if there are green fuzzies in the connector and module
Thank you! I see another thread where that gets wet and has caused this issue. I had the rear window replaced 3 weeks ago. When I got the truck back the slider was so slow it was unusable. Safelite came out to my house and doused the seam with a spray lubricant. This fixed the slider but I wonder if they affected that module?

DolfanRAM

Reaction score
Still no word. I’ve had other vehicles with issues (Ford, GM, Toyota) but this has to be the most annoying problem I’ve ever had. Can’t do anything to the truck. I’m not sure if the RF hub has been identified as the issue yet or how long it may be on back order. Ugh!!

Derrick_Cyr81

Reaction score
When we have a truck come in the shop for this issue, first place we look is behind the rear seat

Users who are viewing this thread