5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Rebel Stock RUBBING?!

sprintertx

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum i just replaced my 2017 tacoma offroad with a 2019 rebel. Figured i was paying almost full sized truck gas mileage so why not just buy a full sized?! right?
Def loved the taco but rebel is so much nicer inside! not too mention i have way more space overall. Never have to worry "oh is it going to fit in my bed" anymore.

Anyways the 2019 rebel with stock rims/tires seem to be rubbing when im turning in my parkade is this normal? I would assume that dodge would ensure that whole stock suspension and rims wouldn't rub right?
I have the normal suspension. Anybody else with rebel experience this?

Sholzer

Reaction score
Mine had a rub at full lock when stock too. Turns out the fender liner was kind of bent out of shape and sticking in toward the tires. It was easy to spot once I went looking for it and just bent it back to fix

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I would concur with above that it is most likely the liner. Mine doesn’t run at all. Take a look and if that isnt the case then maybe something is up with the suspension. If it is the liner you might be able to mold it back into place.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

sprintertx

Reaction score
Thanks guys , It is currently in the shop already for another issue! I mentioned to them the rubbing issue as well. Will wait to see what they have to say.

The drivers door is misaligned on a brand new truck and now its in body shop. The driver door keeps getting caught on the drivers side rear passenger door..
I feel like that should have been caught in the PDI along with the tire rub..

From Canada here so i don't think that rebate applies to me does it? Thanks for the share though

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks guys , It is currently in the shop already for another issue! I mentioned to them the rubbing issue as well. Will wait to see what they have to say.

The drivers door is misaligned on a brand new truck and now its in body shop. The driver door keeps getting caught on the drivers side rear passenger door..
I feel like that should have been caught in the PDI along with the tire rub..

From Canada here so i don't think that rebate applies to me does it? Thanks for the share though

No the rebate is US only. Sorry about that.

sprintertx

Reaction score
So an update, The dealership apparently said that a bunch of 2019 Rebels are experiencing the same issue with rubbing and now they are submitting a warranty claim and Mopar will have to come up with a solution.... (n)

sman301

Reaction score
I have a similar issue with a 2019 Sport. Did anyone find a solution? I have the stock tires

Users who are viewing this thread