5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Rebel production starts

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

5thGenRams has learned that the first 2019 Ram Rebel pickups being built for consumer purchase have started running down the production line. The first trucks started on the production line around 3am on April 9th. Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) is running 3 shifts, 6 days a week with each shift pumping out around 250 trucks each.

Sterling Heights Assembly Plant

Initially SHAP started out building Laramies, Longhorns and Limiteds, as production has ramped up the Big Horn trim was added to production as well. We are still waiting for other late availability options such as the Pentastar V6 with eTorque, the Hemi V8 with eTorque as well as the Ram Box option. We are told that the Pentastar V6 will begin production this Summer and expect the Hemi V8 with eTorque to be available around the same time. We don't currently know when the Ram Box option will be available but we have heard that it could be fairly soon.

The V6 EcoDiesel is getting a few changes for the new Ram and we have been told that it will begin production in the Summer of 2019. The all new Ram regular cabs will be showing up for the 2020 model year https://5thgenrams.com/2019-ram-regular-cab/
as we reported in January. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8VugdoNahQ
2019 Ram Rebel off road footage

Stay tuned to 5thGenRams for all the latest news on the all new Ram trucks.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Come on Ramboxes so I can order my Rebel
263a.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the Rebel is quickly becoming a favorite truck of mine. Glad to hear they will be in the wild soon. And i hope the etorque V8 and V6 help with the praises this truck is getting. I too hope lots of Rebels are built with Ram Box.

Going to be an interesting summer.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
5thGenRams has learned that the first 2019 Ram Rebel pickups being built for consumer purchase have started running down the production line. The first trucks started on the production line around 3am on April 9th. Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) is running 3 shifts, 6 days a week with each shift pumping out around 250 trucks each.

Initially SHAP started out building Laramies, Longhorns and Limiteds, as production has ramped up the Big Horn trim was added to production as well. We are still waiting for other late availability options such as the Pentastar V6 with eTorque, the Hemi V8 with eTorque as well as the Ram Box option. We are told that the Pentastar V6 will begin production this Summer and expect the Hemi V8 with eTorque to be available around the same time. We don't currently know when the Ram Box option will be available but we have heard that it could be fairly soon.

The V6 EcoDiesel is getting a few changes for the new Ram and we have been told that it will begin production in the Summer of 2019. The all new Ram regular cabs will be showing up for the 2020 model year https://5thgenrams.com/2019-ram-regular-cab/

That is a gorgeous picture and the best video I've seen yet - great to see someone stretching the Hemi's legs a little. I'm still anxious to see a 2019 Rebel vs. Raptor head to head.
My guess would be, the Rebel is a better road truck where the Raptor may hold somewhat of an edge off road.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:

WAIT . . . something is terribly wrong here - IN THE VIDEO - it is too quiet . . . does anyone over 5, long for the sound of 'BORN TO BE WILD' by Steppinwolf (check spelling) ? Close your mind, while watching the video (again) start air-guitaring the SONG and SINGING the words -- especially when the REBEL "gets-going" a bit later in the video . . . "head out on the highway, looking for adventure, what ever comes my way . . . . . . . . ! YEA ! Rock & Roll Baby ! 60's/early 70's way !
263a.png
1f44d.png

ooh that was good gonna do that again.

D

Deleted member103

Somewheres else (here) I mentioned a bunch of Discount "Drive It Now" Prices at one of my local Dealerships -- so, now I'm thinking -- IF this Continues when the V6's arrive . . . I just might, maybe-perhaps semi-seriously think of getting a Quad V6 REBEL !?
1f914.png

1f914.png

1f62e.png
. . . if for
no other reason than to be able to sing along with Steppinwolf when I pop-in that CD and jam along to 'BORN TO BE WILD' while hitting our local "dunes & hills" ! What do ya think "V-of-R" ?
icon_lol.gif
or am I
1f604.png
?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do like 2019 Rebel version, although I'm leaning towards a Laramie sport which I have not scene on lots yet either.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
WAIT . . . something is terribly wrong here - IN THE VIDEO - it is too quiet . . . does anyone over 5, long for the sound of 'BORN TO BE WILD' by Steppinwolf (check spelling) ? Close your mind, while watching the video (again) start air-guitaring the SONG and SINGING the words -- especially when the REBEL "gets-going" a bit later in the video . . . "head out on the highway, looking for adventure, what ever comes my way . . . . . . . . ! YEA ! Rock & Roll Baby ! 60's/early 70's way !
263a.png
1f44d.png

ooh that was good gonna do that again.
Easy fix, add a Magnaflow exhaust like I did.
1f609.png

https://youtu.be/F0-uivnuG-0

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Easy fix, add a Magnaflow exhaust like I did.
1f609.png

https://youtu.be/F0-uivnuG-0
HA ! YOU misunderstood . . . I was talking about the total lack of ANY sound, NOT the lack of engine rumble . . . thus the MUSIC to be played / instead into the video to give the "drive" some panache ! See ? I bet YOU have the techno-sense to DO IT . . . and put it here for all of us to get a "kick" ! iTunes perhaps or ? Cute blue rear . . . wonder how some "blue-truck-nuts" would make ER look/sound ?
263a.png

1f914.png
?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
HA ! YOU misunderstood . . . I was talking about the total lack of ANY sound, NOT the lack of engine rumble . . . thus the MUSIC to be played / instead into the video to give the "drive" some panache ! See ? I bet YOU have the techno-sense to DO IT . . . and put it here for all of us to get a "kick" ! iTunes perhaps or ? Cute blue rear . . . wonder how some "blue-truck-nuts" would make ER look/sound ?
263a.png

1f914.png
?
I'll play around with all the FCA videos and see if I can make something cool out of them.
1f44d.png

DocBones

Reaction score
The factory is not hitting production numbers they expected. Supply chain and rail shipping issues.

Users who are viewing this thread