5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Motor Trend Truck of the Year

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great truck. I’m glad to see this. Hope Ram capitalists on some marketing. This truck beats the competition hands down.

Predfan

Reaction score
Is there any validity to theyre v6 big horn getting such bad economy numbers

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but it seems like a perfect combo on paper, but in the real world just doesn’t work. A smaller engine in a big vehicle often gets worse mileage than a larger less worked power plant. This is why the Ford eco boost gets worse mileage than the hemi. I remember back in the late 80’s our 5.0 Thunderbird got way better mileage on a trip than out friends Nissan with a 4 banger.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
DSC00419.jpg

Motor Trend Truck Of The Year: 2019 Ram 1500:

All-new Ram 1500 Gets Motor Trend's Prestigious Honor...

The results are in and after extensive testing, the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 has been named Motor Trends 2019 truck of the year. Ram went up against the all-new 2019 GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado as well as the 2019 Ford F-150 Powerstroke Diesel.

Motor Trend’s “Of The Year” program is open to any all-new or substantially upgraded 2019 model-year vehicles. Instead of being compared against one another, contending vehicles are first put through Motor Trend’s full battery of performance tests to evaluate virtually every aspect of each vehicle. All competitors are then evaluated on three separate courses at a professional automotive test center before finalists are selected. Motor Trend’s “Of the Year” awards recognize the best vehicles representing exceptional value, superiority in their classes and impact on the automotive scene.

When the dust settled Motor Trend had this to say about the Ram 1500 “No pickup in the segment better balances capability, efficiency, value, and quality. The Ram 1500 retains its old-school appeal while being refreshingly modern in style and substance.”

The 2019 Ram 1500 has been well received by media outlets winning other awards such as a spot on Wards 10 best interior list, a spot on Wards 10 best user experience list, cars.com best of show award among many others.

Motor Trend heaped praise on the 2019 Ram 1500 for its ride quality, fit and finish, interior materials and much more. Regarding interiors, Motor Trend even went so far as to say “GM has to be kidding, going up against this with the High Country and Denali.”

Read Motor Trend’s 2019 Truck Of The Year article here.

runamuck

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but it seems like a perfect combo on paper, but in the real world just doesn’t work. A smaller engine in a big vehicle often gets worse mileage than a larger less worked power plant. This is why the Ford eco boost gets worse mileage than the hemi. I remember back in the late 80’s our 5.0 Thunderbird got way better mileage on a trip than out friends Nissan with a 4 banger.

often they pair the smaller motor with lower gears to compensate for less power and they end up getting about the same mileage. when I bought my first ram 4x4 1500 in '03 the dealers were hawking the small v8..4.8 I think. I test drove one for grins and I had to have my foot in it all the time to get anywhere so I went for the 5.7 hemi and was happy. my pals with the 6 cyl foreign pickups getting 19 while I was getting 19 -20 on my hemi.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
In my experience with about 1000 miles on my V6 Longhorn, yep. I'm averaging ~17 mpg on a mix of 80 city/20 highway and I drive very conservatively.

Grunkster

Reaction score
HUGE congrats to RAM!! (loving my 19' Laramie!)....they should FULLY exploit this imo...there should be TV ads aplenty touting this imo

Jaysond

Reaction score
Absolutely great news. After being a GM truck person all my life, it wasn't easy switching to a Ram, but it just seemed like the obvious choice this time for many reasons. This is just another thing that helps me validate that change. Now, to take over #2 in sales...

Users who are viewing this thread