5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM Limited, just getting started

brettk0890

Reaction score
Just got a "used" 2019 Ram 1500 limited with only 7k miles.
Started putting on the basics
Ceramic window tint
K&N cold air intake
Revel Links ( just the front )
Waiting/ Deciding on Pulsar Tuner and exhaust
Also trying to figure out what tire to put on her.
IMG_7085.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats! If you do go for a tire that's taller but narrower than a 33x12.5, then you'll be getting an LT tire. They are pretty heavy and drop mileage by ~2-3mpg. Just something to consider. I spent weeks looking for a 285/50/22 and ended up with a surprisingly heavy tire, and mine is lighter than most.

brettk0890

Reaction score
Congrats! If you do go for a tire that's taller but narrower than a 33x12.5, then you'll be getting an LT tire. They are pretty heavy and drop mileage by ~2-3mpg. Just something to consider. I spent weeks looking for a 285/50/22 and ended up with a surprisingly heavy tire, and mine is lighter than most.
Thanks and appreciate the feed back, to be clear your saying anything up to a 33/12.5 is fine but anything over will start cause mpg/speedo issues right? I have been looking at a 305 or 33

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks and appreciate the feed back, to be clear your saying anything up to a 33/12.5 is fine but anything over will start cause mpg/speedo issues right? I have been looking at a 305 or 33
You will need speedometer calibration if you want your speed, mpg, and odometer reading correctly any time you change overall diameter of tires- but that’s not what I was referring to. I was talking about the miles per gallon drop you will see with an E-rated 33” tire. I just wanted to make you aware in case you didn’t know. The reason is a combination of higher rolling resistance (based on tread pattern and/or contact patch) and unsprung weight over the stock wheels and tires.

Users who are viewing this thread