5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Limited Headlight conversion

2019blackout

Reaction score
So I have a 2019 big horn and I heard I can upgrade to the limited and longhorn headlights as long as I have the wire harness and the grille from the longhorn. Anybody can confirm or deny this?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You wont be needing a new grille. You will need a conversion harness from 12 pin to 16 pin and run 2 wires to the bcm. Very east to do. Jimmy07 can help you with the harness.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I have a 2019 big horn and I heard I can upgrade to the limited and longhorn headlights as long as I have the wire harness and the grille from the longhorn. Anybody can confirm or deny this?
You wont be needing a new grille. You will need a conversion harness from 12 pin to 16 pin and run 2 wires to the bcm. Very east to do. Jimmy07 can help you with the harness.

If he wants to convert to the Laramie (or Big Horn LED package) headlights, he won't need a new grille. If he wants to convert to the Longhorn/Limited projector LED lights, they are a different shape. He'd need a new grille (also a different shape) from a Longhorn/Limited, and the plastic pieces under the headlights (forget the name), besides the headlights themselves. Otherwise it would look weird with some funky holes/gaps, if it fit together at all.

I hate to say I don't know about the wiring harness part of it, but thats the minimum you'd need for body parts. And thats just from a visual inspection, there may be more supporting parts I am unaware of.

Georgf

Reaction score
I also wanted to install headlights from limited, but refused and put oem from Larami, because With Limited lights you will need a Longhorn or Limited grill, grill extensions, fascias and fascia paint. Also the fascias have holes in them for fender flares. So you will need to add flares, or have the fascias plastic welded, body worked and painted to remove the holes in them. But anyway adaptive function in headlights will not work.

2019blackout

Reaction score
Thank you so much man hopefully jimmy07 sees this and can respond pretty quickly im motivated to do this asap. Also which wires need to be ran? Are they apart of the headlights?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you so much man hopefully jimmy07 sees this and can respond pretty quickly im motivated to do this asap. Also which wires need to be ran? Are they apart of the headlights?
Like others have been saying, you need the grille parts, and lower headlight fillers along with the headlights. You can definitely get the adaptive feature to work- you’ll need the adaptive headlight module and a custom conversion harness I can build for you.

2019blackout

Reaction score
Like others have been saying, you need the grille parts, and lower headlight fillers along with the headlights. You can definitely get the adaptive feature to work- you’ll need the adaptive headlight module and a custom conversion harness I can build for you.
@Jimmy07 im not really concerned about the adaptive headlights just as long as the headlights come on. Do you have a part number for headlight fillers?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 im not really concerned about the adaptive headlights just as long as the headlights come on. Do you have a part number for headlight fillers?
I’m not sure on the filler part numbers. I should also clarify that it’s not only the adaptive part that requires the custom harness. If you have halogen headlights, you will need a custom harness in order to get either type of LED headlights function. You will also need AlfaOBD to configure the BCM for the LED headlights so they’ll work.

2019blackout

Reaction score
I’m not sure on the filler part numbers. I should also clarify that it’s not only the adaptive part that requires the custom harness. If you have halogen headlights, you will need a custom harness in order to get either type of LED headlights function. You will also need AlfaOBD to configure the BCM for the LED headlights so they’ll work.
Ok do you have a better way for me to contact you and price the harness ? Or is this the best place?

SOWARDCUSTOMS

Reaction score
Oooo i got a laramie and will probally be doing the same conversion soon, do you happen to remember all the parts # you ordered? Also everything fits perfectly? no gap issues or whats not?
Everything fit just like factory no issues. The part numbers depend on what you want.

Jack.

Reaction score
Everything fit just like factory no issues. The part numbers depend on what you want.
Honest i just want to covert my laramie LED lights to limited lights, i think pretty much just the trim parts , and the filler pieces the fascias

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
For those that actually made the changeover, can anyone tell me the correct part numbers for the Laramie LED lights? I have a Big Horn and just want to go to the LED lights (not the LIMITED ones). I go online and it seems like there are a ton of part numbers out there and cannot make heads or tails of which are the proper ones. I do not want the "black" edition ones. Just the regular reflective ones. Thank you all

Users who are viewing this thread