5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Limited 5th Gen

Mikey1962

Reaction score
So I finally decided to join this forum. I own a 2019 Dodge Ram Limited 2WD. Great truck, love the interior, love the huge screen. What I DESPISE, is the cost of repairs.

Loaned the truck to my ex wife, she backed into a mailbox and broke the right rear LED taillight. Cost to replace? Almost 600.00 for parts only (has the blind spot sensors).

LED turn signal went out on the front, all one piece with the headlight. Cost to replace? 1200.00 parts only.

Already had somebody try to steal one of my cats, they go spooked but not before they got it 75% cut out, if they had stolen it? Cost to replace? Between 1500 and 1800 parts only.

I love my truck and will continue to buy Dodge Rams, but I think I about to shy away from the limited and upper end trucks.....

I am trying to find any recalls that I need to worry about, not getting anything from the dealer. Anyone know of decent site to check for recalls?

Thanks in advance everyone and I promise I won't be "that guy" who irritates everybody...

Mike

So I finally decided to join this forum. I own a 2019 Dodge Ram Limited 2WD. Great truck, love the interior, love the huge screen. What I DESPISE, is the cost of repairs.

Loaned the truck to my ex wife, she backed into a mailbox and broke the right rear LED taillight. Cost to replace? Almost 600.00 for parts only (has the blind spot sensors).

LED turn signal went out on the front, all one piece with the headlight. Cost to replace? 1200.00 parts only.

Already had somebody try to steal one of my cats, they go spooked but not before they got it 75% cut out, if they had stolen it? Cost to replace? Between 1500 and 1800 parts only.

I love my truck and will continue to buy Dodge Rams, but I think I about to shy away from the limited and upper end trucks.....

I am trying to find any recalls that I need to worry about, not getting anything from the dealer. Anyone know of decent site to check for recalls?

Thanks in advance everyone and I promise I won't be "that guy" who irritates everybody...

Mike
Parts cost about the same no matter the trim level.

Welcome aboard. All nicer trucks, SUVs, and cars are costing an arm/leg to repair anymore, hate to say. But the mid-to-higher trims do cost a little more.

For the recalls, there are a few sites you can use. Ram does actually provide one for you.

Welcome aboard.
👍

I feel you on the part prices. Kid on a bike broke my rear driver's side tail light. Best deal I found at the time was $550 with a free shipping code. Due to an "incident" on I-95 both headlights, foglights, grill and surrounding pieces, windshield, and chrome hood emblems were replaced (all OEM Mopar) at the other guy's insurance's expense. All the front painted surfaces were repainted as well, but I was shocked at the prices on the parts. Over $1800 for the grill and $1050 for each headlight. Can't remember what the fogs, windshield and smaller pieces cost... but daaaamn.

Everything costs a lot now days. This will be my last truck. Once I get out of construction I won't need a truck. They are nice, but not worth the cost. Paid $30k for my last Ram. $40k for this one. Now they are $50k for a BH. That's ridiculous. I can't justify spending more than $25k for a vehicle. Hope to make this one last 7 yrs b4 any major repairs. Then dump it & buy something to get me from point A to B.

Parts cost about the same no matter the trim level.
Parts guys told me that the classics have separate turn signal and headlight assemblies.

I got lucky in that I (or my immediate family members) have purchased 7 cars from them over the past 2 years. We do love our Dodges!

They cut me a deal on the headlight assembly after I went into the managers office, I walked away paying 500.00 parts and labor. That's why I plan on buying an 8th vehicle from them.....just NOT a Limited...

Many thanks for the welcomes and the conversation. Looking forward to learning, helping and having a little fun.

Everything costs a lot now days. This will be my last truck. Once I get out of construction I won't need a truck. They are nice, but not worth the cost. Paid $30k for my last Ram. $40k for this one. Now they are $50k for a BH. That's ridiculous. I can't justify spending more than $25k for a vehicle. Hope to make this one last 7 yrs b4 any major repairs. Then dump it & buy something to get me from point A to B.
Yeah, I paid almost 50k for mine.........

Welcome aboard. All nicer trucks, SUVs, and cars are costing an arm/leg to repair anymore, hate to say. But the mid-to-higher trims do cost a little more.

For the recalls, there are a few sites you can use. Ram does actually provide one for you.
Thats perfect, thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back