5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Limited 1500 EVERY WARNING LIGHT TURNED ON..HELP

ppremier21

Reaction score
The other evening I went to start my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and it would not start, heard a "popping" noise in the speakers. After researching it was determined to be the battery. I replaced the battery and it fired right up. However, since starting the truck with the new battery, every single warning light is on and says needs service. The check engine light went off on it's own but literally everything else is still on; service cruise control, service air suspension, traction control, ABS, parking sensors, rear assist ect. you name it and its illuminated on my dash. I have tried unplugging the battery but that does not work. Dealership wants to set up an appointment which I am sure with be a few hundred dollars. Anyone else experience this issue after changing the battery???

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The other evening I went to start my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and it would not start, heard a "popping" noise in the speakers. After researching it was determined to be the battery. I replaced the battery and it fired right up. However, since starting the truck with the new battery, every single warning light is on and says needs service. The check engine light went off on it's own but literally everything else is still on; service cruise control, service air suspension, traction control, ABS, parking sensors, rear assist ect. you name it and its illuminated on my dash. I have tried unplugging the battery but that does not work. Dealership wants to set up an appointment which I am sure with be a few hundred dollars. Anyone else experience this issue after changing the battery???
i did a battery swap in december and some electronics went crazy but it was to be expected after reading others experience with that task. after driving for 30 mins or less it learned every thing and was back to normal.

ppremier21

Reaction score
It has been about 4 days and they still haven't gone off... I drive it every day

ppremier21

Reaction score
I do but need the advanced one to clear these codes apparently … might try Autozone or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would disconnect the negative battery clamp for 5 minutes to reset the vehicle and see what happens.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would disconnect the negative battery clamp for 5 minutes to reset the vehicle and see what happens.
OP does not say how long he disconnected. I do not know how long it should be disconnected but from what I can recall off the top of my head, I thought it should be longer. Not sure of the time or the reason for a longer period but again off the top of my head I believe some modules take time to reset.

I had a similar experience as the OP and believe I left it disconnected for a longer period, exactly how long I do not recall as it was the first battery and 3+ years ago.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
This is how you do the negative terminal reset:
  1. With sharkfin visibility to the sky, disconnect the neg battery terminal for 30 minutes and LEAVE THE TRUCK ALONE
  2. Reconnect the neg battery terminal after the 30 minutes and wait a full hour. Again LEAVE THE TRUCK ALONE
  3. Everything should be reset and initialized without any further user intervention.
I have done this multiple times for various reasons and it has never had any errors.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is how you do the negative terminal reset:
  1. With sharkfin visibility to the sky, disconnect the neg battery terminal for 30 minutes and LEAVE THE TRUCK ALONE
  2. Reconnect the neg battery terminal after the 30 minutes and wait a full hour. Again LEAVE THE TRUCK ALONE
  3. Everything should be reset and initialized without any further user intervention.
I have done this multiple times for various reasons and it has never had any errors.
GOOOD TO KNOW THANKS

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have a Pedal Commander by chance?

Users who are viewing this thread