5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Laramie Elec. Brake Controller issue...

D.S.M.

Reaction score
In September 2019 I purchased a 2019 Laramie Sport with 22" wheels. Truck is awesome, however it came with everything as far as a towing package , but the only thing that wasn't on the truck was the Electronic Brake Controller. The dealership made it part of the deal and told me that they would order me one and notify once it arrived. Well.....here it is now over 4 months later and no EBC yet !! When I call the dealership they keep telling me it's on order, with a side note that it might not be shipped until November 2020!!! Really!!! Camping season will be over by then in upstate NY. I've also emailed Ram Customer Service 3 times on this issue and have yet to receive a response from them! Why is it so hard on getting this part and is anyone else experiencing this problem. Please advise.... Thank you.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Welcome to the @RamCares doesn't care family. This is on the dealer. If you have something in writing, get an attorney to send a demand letter and see if they wake up some.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stop calling and walk into showroom on a busy Saturday and talk to the general manager. No need to yell but talk loud so a few perspective buyers can here. MO reason for this kind of wait...

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

TVANVA

Reaction score
If the "kit" is not available or severely backordered, then the individual parts may be readily available. I installed my own and the individual parts were easy to find and about half the price of the kit.

For the list of individual parts see this post: https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...dd-the-factory-trailer-brake-controller.5618/

You will have to have the dealer load the sales code to get the extra trailer towing screens to appear on the dashboard.

D.S.M.

Reaction score
Welcome to the @RamCares doesn't care family. This is on the dealer. If you have something in writing, get an attorney to send a demand letter and see if they wake up some.

Thank you, that may have to be my next course of action

D.S.M.

Reaction score
Stop calling and walk into showroom on a busy Saturday and talk to the general manager. No need to yell but talk loud so a few perspective buyers can here. MO reason for this kind of wait...

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
I just contacted Ram Customer Service, and they gave me a case #. Let's see what happens next. Thk you

D.S.M.

Reaction score
If the "kit" is not available or severely backordered, then the individual parts may be readily available. I installed my own and the individual parts were easy to find and about half the price of the kit.

For the list of individual parts see this post: https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...dd-the-factory-trailer-brake-controller.5618/

You will have to have the dealer load the sales code to get the extra trailer towing screens to appear on the dashboard.
Appreciate that link and infothx

Users who are viewing this thread