5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram horrible noise when in reverse.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like the dreaded brake moan to me. This was a known issue on early builds. My 2019 used to do this (not nearly as bad as this though) with the original brakes.

The kit supposedly helps, although some have claimed that it does not totally eliminate it, and others have even said that it will eventually come back.

Like I said, mine was never this bad, but after replacing the stock rotors and pads (with PowerStop) it went away completely.

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I agree, I think it's the brakes dragging. MY 17 did the brake drag thing every morning but I thought they had that squared away on the 19's.
Mine was a brake squeal though where yours is more of a moan.
Do you set set your e-brake every night?

Mr. T

Reaction score
Sounds like the dreaded brake moan to me. This was a known issue on early builds. My 2019 used to do this (not nearly as bad as this though) with the original brakes.

The kit supposedly helps, although some have claimed that it does not totally eliminate it, and others have even said that it will eventually come back.

Like I said, mine was never this bad, but after replacing the stock rotors and pads (with PowerStop) it went way completely.
Thank you. I'll keep that in mind and mention it when the dealership I purchased it from calls and says they can't find anything for the 5th time.

Mr. T

Reaction score
I agree, I think it's the brakes dragging. MY 17 did the brake drag thing every morning but I thought they had that squared away on the 19's.
Mine was a brake squeal though where yours is more of a moan.
Do you set set your e-brake every night?
I don't set me e-brake at all.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
1st time ever on any forum. Not to mention 1st time Ram owner. Always a GM person until I tried a Ram for the first time last year. I Like the comfort of the interior and the ride! 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn.
Looking for some guidance on the attached noise. I've had it at the dealership and they can't figure it out. So, I'm hoping for some help here. It only happens when backing out in the mornings while turning steering wheel to the right and applying the break. It's almost regularly happens in the front end it seems.
Thank you.
Hi,
We see that you have received several answers. If you still seek further assistance, please feel free to send us a private message.
Sylvia
Ram Cares

Mr. T

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I've relayed it to the dealer I purchased my truck from. They are going to install the moan kit as indicated on the bulletin. Hopefully that'll fix it.

Dancha21

Reaction score
Did the kit fix your problem? I have the same issue. 2019 ram 1500 Tradesman. Only moans when backing up first thing in the morning l.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/