5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram HK system complete system upgrade

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hey i know what you mean.you i put it in reverse its all crazy when it "Beeps/chirps".what i did was turn off the "Chime/beep"audio and just use the camera.so much better now.didnt like it when it was all stock to.i have the "Alpine.not bad but it just wouldnt play loud enough when i turn it up:mad:Plus i had alot of audio stuff around in my garage(spkers/Amps/etc)i mean may as well put it to use.also what i found with that "AmpPro" switches in the back...they dont do "JackSchitz".dont know why there but for me....NOTHING(all this is just"MHO").the only thing the "AmpPro"do (IMHO)is simplify the installation between the "HeadUnit and Amp"

Ram FF

Reaction score
Thank you Ram FF.
I was looking for easy way out since 6.5 adapters are fairly cheap.
I ended up making my own from 1/4” abs.(took me 7 hours (with a few beers in between) for mid base and midrange brackets. I had to build my own circle jig for router but worked out great). Top mounting depth ended up being 5/8”- bbottom of bracket to speaker membrane. I forgot to measure alpine speaker TMD before I put the door panel back, but just measured door panel grill to alpine cloth on speaker and there is 1/2” space. If I remember correctly from just looking at alpine speaker TMD is around 1/2”. So I should have plenty of clearance. I ordered some door sound treatment and soundskinz speaker rings that I intend to use between speaker and door panel. View attachment 80757
Awesome! They look great, i am happy that I could be of some help.

Stryker6040

Reaction score
is there a direct swap sub for the HK sub location like there was with the 4th gen 1500 and 2500s?

wangfuco

Reaction score
Impressive and professionally-done project! Before flattening the signal using the imaestro, was the line-level signal from the head unit already “flavored” even with 0 eq?

I have the alpine and am planning to do a RTA measurement as a baseline. I mainly want to address the muddy bass from the 6x9s which I currently just tuned down using the eq. If suppose the factory amp does the crossover and timing for me, do you think I could get away with just speaker components?

Users who are viewing this thread