5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram gauge cluster / evic upgrade

Dbartosh86

Reaction score
I am about to do the same, bought a 1500 one off ebay, and they programmed the miles for me. But I am struggling to find instructions on how to remove the cluster to begin with. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated :)
Did this work out for you?

scramblyn

Reaction score
I swapped out the EVIC on my 2019 2500 big horn today and was able to reset the mileage using Alpha but it was a process. The goal mileage was 26,159.1 after the first attempt the odometer reset to 16218.6. After several iterations 42,112.7 yielded the desired 26,159.1. Don't understand why it worked but it did and that's good enough for me.
So, input the mileage in kms. 42,112.7 = 26167.6

scramblyn

Reaction score
Does anyone have the part number for a 3500 cluster? I would really like to try this

kristof

Reaction score
I changed mine 2020 2500 tradesman gas and the fuel gauge keep showing full tank. I drove over 300 miles already and still showing full.

Cnyncrvr

Reaction score
I changed mine 2020 2500 tradesman gas and the fuel gauge keep showing full tank. I drove over 300 miles already and still showing full.
Did you ever figure out why it was doing this or how to fix it?
I just swapped mine to the 7" and my fuel guage is constantly showing full and the range till empty is stuck at 1999. On a 2019 DT 1500

kristof

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out why it was doing this or how to fix it?
I just swapped mine to the 7" and my fuel guage is constantly showing full and the range till empty is stuck at 1999. On a 2019 DT 1500
You have to replace it with older cluster gear. Mine was from 2022 laramie. 2022 won't work.

Cnyncrvr

Reaction score
Not sure why your did not work. Mine came from a 22 model year truck and it actually did work, I just had to drive it. I had forgotten that I completely filled my tank minutes before doing the swap. After driving it about 30 miles the next day the range till empty started to drop down and by the end of this past weekend everything was back to normal, range to empty was pretty accurate, gas gauge was reading correctly. So far only things that I have not been able to figure out how to get finished was lifetime engine and idle hours, tried several different times to program with Alpha and never works. And turn by turn nav on the evic (Have upgraded to 12" Uconnect 5, but this is probably just my own error)

ClearCut2500

Reaction score
I did find a guy online who does excellent work and has the equipment to reprogram the 2020 Ram 1500 clusters. Contact Frank at [email protected] and he can do it for you. He charges $125 plus shipping which total was $175 but has lightening fast turnaround/shipping, and does very good work. At the moment, he is about the only option those of us with 2020's have and doesn't take advantage of that fact. Very reputable and trustworthy.

www.4thgenmods.com (don't let the name fool you as he does 5th gen mods too!)
So did the 1500 cluster work with the 2500?

Users who are viewing this thread