5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram gauge cluster / evic upgrade

Jonathan Dison

Reaction score
I swapped out the EVIC on my 2019 2500 big horn today and was able to reset the mileage using Alpha but it was a process. The goal mileage was 26,159.1 after the first attempt the odometer reset to 16218.6. After several iterations 42,112.7 yielded the desired 26,159.1. Don't understand why it worked but it did and that's good enough for me.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same issue trying to install a cluster into my Ram. However, when I went into AlfaOBD, it would let me choose between the 3.5” EVIC and the 7” EVIC. Likewise, I’d enter my mileage and it would come back with a different mileage than what I entered. Also, I looked and could not find where it would let me reset the hours. I watched the video online of how it is done but I don’t have the option to choose to set the hours in the menu. Anyone else have these problems and any thoughts on how to rectify?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI...Navrepair no longer offers the service of updating your cluster.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did find a guy online who does excellent work and has the equipment to reprogram the 2020 Ram 1500 clusters. Contact Frank at [email protected] and he can do it for you. He charges $125 plus shipping which total was $175 but has lightening fast turnaround/shipping, and does very good work. At the moment, he is about the only option those of us with 2020's have and doesn't take advantage of that fact. Very reputable and trustworthy.

www.4thgenmods.com (don't let the name fool you as he does 5th gen mods too!)

Jude

Reaction score
I had the same issue trying to install a cluster into my Ram. However, when I went into AlfaOBD, it would let me choose between the 3.5” EVIC and the 7” EVIC. Likewise, I’d enter my mileage and it would come back with a different mileage than what I entered. Also, I looked and could not find where it would let me reset the hours. I watched the video online of how it is done but I don’t have the option to choose to set the hours in the menu. Anyone else have these problems and any thoughts on how to rectify?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
I'm experiencing the same issue, was able to upgrade my mileage no problem but also trying to figure out how to fix the hours. I don't even see an option to change the hours nor to enter My vehicle's four-digit PIN.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same issue, was able to upgrade my mileage no problem but also trying to figure out how to fix the hours. I don't even see an option to change the hours nor to enter My vehicle's four-digit PIN.
No pin required. Just need the eventual update from AlfaOBD or contact Frank to have him utilize whatever software he is using. I decided not to wait on an update and Sent mine to Frank. Problem solved and everything is perfect.

PCT

Reaction score
Where are you guys finding these clusters? i cannot find a 2500 1 to save my life, and i refuse to pay nearly 2 grand for infotainment

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is where mine came from…a junk yard advertising on eBay. It was from a wrecked 2019 but cluster was fine.

I checked and Houston now has several junk yards with them available. They run between $450 to $735 for the 7” EVIC. The smaller EVIC is always easier to find and less money.

PCT

Reaction score
Maybe its too late, but could you post there website links here so i can try and purchase?

Georgf

Reaction score
I read the whole thread and still did not understand, is swap to premium Cluster plug-and-play, except mileage/hours programminr, ot not?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I read the whole thread and still did not understand, is swap to premium Cluster plug-and-play, except mileage/hours programminr, ot not?
Yes. Find a premium cluster, get it programmed to the mileage hours you need, pull out the old one, install the upgraded cluster and that is it. It works perfectly with no other reprogramming, wiring, or alterations.

Georgf

Reaction score
Yes. Find a premium cluster, get it programmed to the mileage hours you need, pull out the old one, install the upgraded cluster and that is it. It works perfectly with no other reprogramming, wiring, or alterations.

Thanks a lot! I don’t care about mileage/hours, so I don’t need programming.

Redfour5

Reaction score
I am about to do the same, bought a 1500 one off ebay, and they programmed the miles for me. But I am struggling to find instructions on how to remove the cluster to begin with. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated :)
This company sells OEM but aftermarket stuff for lots of vehicles. They do have stuff for the DT Rams. Here is the one you are looking for. It goes into detail on taking it off and putting it back on.

Bigboss954

Reaction score
Do we even need the idle/engine hours or will the mileage suffice. Because I remember cars never had idle/engine hours you can check. So that’s the one thing that’s kind of giving me pause with installing my premium cluster.

Georgf

Reaction score
don't bring it back to the states. when they check the computer and it does not show that same as the cluster there might be an issue.
I paid customs tax the same amount as for truck itself, so it will drive in Russia forever 😉

Dbartosh86

Reaction score
I have a 2022 ram 2500 diesel bighorn and looking to upgrade to the 7” cluster, I found a cluster for a 2020 1500 eco diesel limited, it looks the same as a cluster for a 2500 diesel other the. The rpm redline is alittle higher, hopfully it works 🤞has anybody done this? Wounder if I am gonna have to reprogram it

Attachments

• B778E55F-3F3F-4A67-98A6-46DD40AF269F.png
    B778E55F-3F3F-4A67-98A6-46DD40AF269F.png
    603.2 KB · Views: 19

Dbartosh86

Reaction score
Well a 1500 cluster will not work in 2500

9f8870bc704b683c581ba46374b5bab8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you ever figure this out and get it working?

Users who are viewing this thread