5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Classic?

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I dont understand what this is? Is it just a 2018 they are stocking until more 2019s are on the dealer lots?

sgk

Reaction score
Hi Bwarren, You're kinda right there 18 but actually modeled as 19's and will be sold along the 5th gen trucks for the whole year. 4th gen trucks are still good sellers so since they have 2 separate plants going they can do this. Will they be as hot as the 5th Gen, no but depending on the price some will buy it. Like i said FCA have very little to lose by offering this considering the plant situation.
Now there are at least another 2 threads here the discuss the 19' Classic. If you want to learn more and get other opinions and prospectives just search "2019 classic" "19's classic"

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@sgk hit the nail on the head. I’d imagine they get phased out as time goes on.

Dominacb

Reaction score
My dealer told me they are keeping the old body style in hopes up compete with the Colorado and Ranger. I guess RAM hopes people will want a bigger truck for the same price as those 2. Which is probably cheaper than bringing back the Dakota line and designing a new truck.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My dealer told me they are keeping the old body style in hopes up compete with the Colorado and Ranger. I guess RAM hopes people will want a bigger truck for the same price as those 2. Which is probably cheaper than bringing back the Dakota line and designing a new truck.

A midsize is coming, whether it will be called Dakota or not I don't know.

https://moparinsiders.com/a-new-midsized-ram-is-coming/

They're keeping the old body style around as a volume proposition, word it it will be put out of production next July.

Users who are viewing this thread