5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 5' 7" RamBox tonneau cover (BakFlip MX4) installed.

ShermanOaks

Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted in another area, however, I wanted to share here as well.

Thoughts: Great fit and about as water-tight as it can get considering what Ram left BakFlip to work with.

Install time was less than 30 mins as the cover rails slide into the upper channel of the bed utility rails - pretty slick, no clamps.

Here are some pics of the installed cover.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

Gtbrown

Reaction score
Very nice! At the last minute I added the factory cover to my order; if I don't like it then this is what I'll get.

Reaction score
Do you know the inner width of the bed with the rambox installed?

Edit: Wondering if I can squeeze a Polaris Sportsman in the back of the shorter bed with the rambox and bed extender.

Reaction score
Last edited:

mstanko

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thoughts: Great fit and about as water-tight as it can get considering what Ram left BakFlip to work with.

Install time was less than 30 mins as the cover rails slide into the upper channel of the bed utility rails - pretty slick, no clamps.

View attachment 14860

View attachment 14861

View attachment 14862

View attachment 14863

View attachment 14864 [
Hi all,

View attachment 14860

View attachment 14861

View attachment 14862

View attachment 14863

View attachment 14864
Where did you purchase the backflip? I went to the backflip website and they do not offer a cover for the 2019 5th gen with ram box.

thanks

ShermanOaks

Reaction score

MNLimited

Reaction score
How does this cover seal in the back? I have the factory cover and my stuff gets soaked in rain and through the car wash. It only leaks between the tailgate and ramboxes, the rest is tight.

Attachments

• tonneau 2.jpg
    tonneau 2.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 64

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How does this cover seal in the back? I have the factory cover and my stuff gets soaked in rain and through the car wash. It only leaks between the tailgate and ramboxes, the rest is tight.
Mine only leaks some in the corners with strong water very minimal

AMG16

Reaction score
I’m looking to get one of these bakflips. Anyone have a recommendation where to buy one for a good price? I see someone mentioned a Shaun, but I couldn’t find him as a member.

Any other tonneau covers worth looking at?

Users who are viewing this thread