5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 4wd overheated performance temporarily reduced

Tkshaffer

Reaction score
Still don’t have the truck.
I feel for ya...that is rough. I would almost want to just try again and see if it was some sort of fluke and may never happen again. If it does and they are still clueless I would just about want a new truck considering they sold it to you and can’t make it run correctly. I know that is easier said than done but the length of time without answers is getting pretty strange.

Clayssport

Reaction score
I live in northern canada and have driven the ram through 2-4 ft of snow.. 4 auto, 4 low, 4high without any issues.. i drive with 4auto on most of the time during the winter months and would be extremely pissed if my truck did that.. 4auto and antispin are the best combo for real winter situations..

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ good point. Wonder if there is some kind of break in? Normal driving isn’t going to do it. That was the whole point on getting 4x4 I’m sure others. Wouldn’t be used a ton where I live. If I want to go out deep into ranch, camping with my kids or just encase situations.
Now I think I’ll just make a point to put it to work. Not abuse it, just to see what may come of it. For when the emergency may come it will prevail not fail.

technicholas

Reaction score
Still nothing. I want to return the vehicle.
I emailed the president and the other president of the Deery Brothers and they never responded to their emails.
For all the AC issues and this and the wiper motor replacement and of the headliner and 3rd break light I’m done with the vehicle.

This is the worst vehicle to purchase I do not recommend purchasing the RAM 1500.

C0ps

Reaction score
I emailed the president and the other president of the Deery Brothers and they never responded to their emails.
For all the AC issues and this and the wiper motor replacement and of the headliner and 3rd break light I’m done with the vehicle.

This is the worst vehicle to purchase I do not recommend purchasing the RAM 1500.
Sorry to hear this is happening to you.

technicholas

Reaction score
Update: The dealership called after I sent another email and CC'd corporate reps at corporate Chrysler.

They cannot figure out what is wrong with the 4WD. This is crazy, I asked for the pickup to be returned.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lemon law? There's no way a dealership is going to hold your vehicle and not communicate other than "no fix, no ideas". I just don't buy that.

The ball is in your court, it's your truck. Take it to another dealer for a second opinion. Get a lawyer involved. There are options available. Don't just wait for a phone call that obviously isn't coming.

You didn't make a bad purchase, you purchased from a bad dealer in my opinion. Not responding to emails and poor technical information are huge red flags.

Less phone, more standing in the Service Managers office demanding action or your keys.

technicholas

Reaction score
Lemon law? There's no way a dealership is going to hold your vehicle and not communicate other than "no fix, no ideas". I just don't buy that.

The ball is in your court, it's your truck. Take it to another dealer for a second opinion. Get a lawyer involved. There are options available. Don't just wait for a phone call that obviously isn't coming.

You didn't make a bad purchase, you purchased from a bad dealer in my opinion. Not responding to emails and poor technical information are huge red flags.

Less phone, more standing in the Service Managers office demanding action or your keys.
It’s at another dealer now. They are looking into the problems. I emailed the CEO of Chrysler several times and you get to this Steve guy and he says there is nothing wrong with my vehicle and that’s what there’s a warranty for and they will not buy it back. The check engine light came on after I got it back from the dealer who couldn’t find anything wrong with it.

neelddo

Reaction score
I had the same notification on my built to serve 4x4. I was in 4 LOW, rear locked, climbing some rocky uphills. Thankfully, i got the notification at the top of the hill. Never had this issue with my 4th gen ecodiesel. Im thinking its just not as robust of a system?

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just love when people rant about an issue with their truck but never come back to post an update. I've had two Limiteds with 4x4 and have never encountered this issue and I live in Alaska where I use 4x4 half of the year.

Darren 11

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 2017... Bought used with 60,000 km...going up a frozen hill with a little gravel...it kept changing to 2wd...took half an hour to get up the hill...
Called dealer and they say never heard of it...but I can bring it in and they look at it for $150 an hour...I asked how they would get that message up again?? They said in sure...but they would try...lol...
Wondering if anyone found out anything about this yet??

Attachments

• IMG_20200126_163708.jpg
    IMG_20200126_163708.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 56

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, has some wiring and that to it. I’ll see if I can find it. I don’t think there is one for 5th gen yet

Users who are viewing this thread