5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 3500 Aisin Transmission Failure. Not shifting/no movement

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2019 ram 3500 Laramie with the Aisin transmission with 45.5k miles on it.

Drove it one morning to my workshop and parked it there for about 10 hours. It drove fine but I noticed shifts were slightly rough/sluggish. Didn’t think anything about it and 10 hours later started it back up to head home and heard a small rattling noise from the engine bay, nothing visible so I got to driving home. Drove for about 1 mile and coming up a slight hill the truck just lost power and started rolling backwards and engine just revved up in drive and reverse. Doesn’t shift into gear at all.

I’ve scanned ecm and TCM and found a P0868 Fluid Line Pressure Low code.
I drained the fluid and dropped pan about 3 weeks after truck has just been sitting and 13.5 quarts came out (interesting considering for fluid/filter change only about 7-8 quarts should come out). Fluid has quite a bit of metal sludge in it from breaking period and filter seemed first so I replaced filter and fluid for good measure. Still nothing. Checked transmission wiring for resistance and shorts, all good. The dash reads “Vehicle not in Park” when it’s in park…
So I got to checking the range sensor wires and also all good, no damage or shorting.

Live data isn’t showing live line pressure though which doesn’t help me to know if sensor is bad or is still reading pressure.

Has anyone encountered this issue or something similar? I’m clueless and the dealer is backed up to do any work on it and warranty has been voided, the truck has been deleted and tuned by previous owner. Drove perfect until this happened.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2019 ram 3500 Laramie with the Aisin transmission with 45.5k miles on it.

Drove it one morning to my workshop and parked it there for about 10 hours. It drove fine but I noticed shifts were slightly rough/sluggish. Didn’t think anything about it and 10 hours later started it back up to head home and heard a small rattling noise from the engine bay, nothing visible so I got to driving home. Drove for about 1 mile and coming up a slight hill the truck just lost power and started rolling backwards and engine just revved up in drive and reverse. Doesn’t shift into gear at all.

I’ve scanned ecm and TCM and found a P0868 Fluid Line Pressure Low code.
I drained the fluid and dropped pan about 3 weeks after truck has just been sitting and 13.5 quarts came out (interesting considering for fluid/filter change only about 7-8 quarts should come out). Fluid has quite a bit of metal sludge in it from breaking period and filter seemed first so I replaced filter and fluid for good measure. Still nothing. Checked transmission wiring for resistance and shorts, all good. The dash reads “Vehicle not in Park” when it’s in park…
So I got to checking the range sensor wires and also all good, no damage or shorting.

Live data isn’t showing live line pressure though which doesn’t help me to know if sensor is bad or is still reading pressure.

Has anyone encountered this issue or something similar? I’m clueless and the dealer is backed up to do any work on it and warranty has been voided, the truck has been deleted and tuned by previous owner. Drove perfect until this happened.
You might have better luck on the Homepage - HD Rams forum. This is the 5th Gen 1500 Rams site.

Users who are viewing this thread