5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 vs 2019 Ford F-150 Limited

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
https://nextf150.com/2018/07/28/2019-ford-f150-limited-gets-raptors-450hp-ecoboost-v6/

Do you Think that 2019 450 hp f150 limited is going to hurt Ram sales? Or maybe next gen f150?

What I never got with Ford when I was a Ford owner and my Dad who is still one doesn't get is they never play up their 5.0

That Coyote engine in my Dad's truck is a ROCKET and loves to Rev (the one in my 6spd stang was also all kinds of fun,)and sounds great with the exhaust he has, it's almost just plain impressive for the hp/liter ratio when compared with other 1500's and gets great gas mileage,

So why Ford continues to ignore it is a mystery to me

Especially since some people like my dad will forgo some HP for the sound and feel of a V8

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What I never got with Ford when I was a Ford owner and my Dad who is still one doesn't get is they never play up their 5.0

That Coyote engine in my Dad's truck is a ROCKET and loves to Rev (the one in my 6spd stang was also all kinds of fun,)and sounds great with the exhaust he has, it's almost just plain impressive for the hp/liter ratio when compared with other 1500's and gets great gas mileage,

Especially since some people like my dad will forgo some HP for the sound and feel of a V8
Agreed, good point. Love that 5.0 Ford. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the 3.5 Ecco in my Expedition but wouldn’t mind havin that 5.0 in there. To bad it is not an option in the Expedition. Wonder if it would fit?lol

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

True, the 5.0 coyote is an impressive powerplant. If I was to buy an F150 it's the engine I would get. The 2018s got a power bump and the 10 speed as well.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the 5.0 in the Ford
The Ford slab sided styling and square lines just look old to me. The interior is down right bad. I have seen several major issue with the aluminum skin tearing with even minor bumps. Add all that and the horrid sounding 6 cylinders and jittery ride, the Ram is hands down a better truck.

Yea, I like the Ford's Power plants but that's where it ends. The interior is dated and the exterior bland, actually the thing that really kills it is the wavy sheet metal down the sides of the Fords. Just doesn't cut it on a 65K plus truck.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just for fun, I built a 2019 F-150 Limited online last night. Loading it up (equivalent of my Longhorn) gave me a sticker north of $75K. That's several thousand above the 2018 (and dealers were giving back $10K+ on those).

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score

Yea, I like the Ford's Power plants but that's where it ends. The interior is dated and the exterior bland, actually the thing that really kills it is the wavy sheet metal down the sides of the Fords. Just doesn't cut it on a 65K plus truck.

I love my 19 RAM, but if you don't like wavy sheet metal don't look closely at any Ramboxes. It's pretty bad how much worse they are then any other panels on the truck, and it sounds like that's just the way they all look.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I couldn’t agree more. The wavy sides look like a bad old school bondo job.

Users who are viewing this thread