5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 vs 2019 Ford F-150 Limited

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
The 2 best looking trucks on the road right now, although I will say the F150 is starting to look very dated to me.
I think the F150's exterior still looks fresh, but yeah, its interior doesn't look that great anymore. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing with the next gen interior looks like.

I imagine Ford, GM, and Toyota are all feverishly working on updating their interiors for either their next gen trucks or their midcycle refreshes. Ram really is just so far ahead of them now on the interior that they almost *have* to significantly update their own interiors now.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here in Kansas City, home of the F-150, I’m seeing more and more Rams. Those who think Ford's are without issue should spend some tine with the factory workers I hang out with.

john l.

Reaction score
It was Audi that caught the industry asleep with their upscale interiors in the 1990's.

2019 Dodge does the same thing except w/ the 1500!

john l.

Reaction score
https://nextf150.com/2018/07/28/2019-ford-f150-limited-gets-raptors-450hp-ecoboost-v6/

Do you Think that 2019 450 hp f150 limited is going to hurt Ram sales? Or maybe next gen f150?
Looks nice inside, still not up to the Ram interior. I think Ford is doing a all new F150 in 2020 or 21? Either way the consumer wins!

I've owned Fords, Chevys and Dodges. Currently the Dodge is the nicest, the new Chevy looks like chit. I would consider a F150 again.

Thus far I am disappointed in the MPG of my Ram 1500, V8 w/ hybrid. My F150 2.7 twin turbo hit 19 avg, the Dodge is lucky to hit 16. Maybe it will improve, only 1500 miles.

Joker4L

Reaction score
Looks nice inside, still not up to the Ram interior. I think Ford is doing a all new F150 in 2020 or 21? Either way the consumer wins!

I've owned Fords, Chevys and Dodges. Currently the Dodge is the nicest, the new Chevy looks like chit. I would consider a F150 again.

Thus far I am disappointed in the MPG of my Ram 1500, V8 w/ hybrid. My F150 2.7 twin turbo hit 19 avg, the Dodge is lucky to hit 16. Maybe it will improve, only 1500 miles.

the MPG will not improve lol I got 3k miles and I just did a 200mil trip all hwy at 75mph avg and I avg 16.1MPG calculated at the pump.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
How are you guys getting that crappy milage. Mine with pulsar tuner with eco mode disabled get 19.8mpg on 8 cylinders. 4500miles

768mph

Reaction score
the MPG will not improve lol I got 3k miles and I just did a 200mil trip all hwy at 75mph avg and I avg 16.1MPG calculated at the pump.
Actually mine started at 15-15.5 and now at 2k miles I’m averaging 17.5mpg nearly 100% city.
Different drivers, fuel, elevations, etc.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Ford slab sided styling and square lines just look old to me. The interior is down right bad. I have seen several major issue with the aluminum skin tearing with even minor bumps. Add all that and the horrid sounding 6 cylinders and jittery ride, the Ram is hands down a better truck.

768mph

Reaction score
That tuner doesn't work w/ the etorque.
Pulsar, by Edge Products, works with eTorque. Many on here have it.

People confuse it with diablo. Which has custom tuning for the standard Hemi but not eTorque...yet

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I do like the body styling of the F150/250, but the interior is severely outdated and full of cheap looking plastic everywhere, even on the top trim levels.

The Sync 3 infotainment is very dated looking, and the screen resolution is horrid. No air-suspension option is a deal breaker for me as well.

The RAM is better in just about every way. Way more comfortable, luxurious, and better built in my opinion.

Cheers,
Neurobit

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you Think that 2019 450 hp f150 limited is going to hurt Ram sales? Or maybe next gen f150?
When I was cross-shopping the 2018 F-150 Limited against the 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, it came with the standard 3.5L EcoBoost engine and Navy Pier interior. I will admit that the Raptor motor is a beast, and the new camel two-tone interior looks like a high-end boat in pictures...a marked improvement. If I were shopping today, especially with the price hikes Ram has made, the limited availability of certain options (e.g. eTorque), and if Ford was still tossing out $10K+ discounts, it might be harder to choose the Ram.

That said, I don't regret my decision a bit.

john l.

Reaction score
The Ford slab sided styling and square lines just look old to me. The interior is down right bad. I have seen several major issue with the aluminum skin tearing with even minor bumps. Add all that and the horrid sounding 6 cylinders and jittery ride, the Ram is hands down a better truck.
I thought the F150 rode about the same as the Dodge. Yes, the V6 sounded lame an
Pulsar, by Edge Products, works with eTorque. Many on here have it.

People confuse it with diablo. Which has custom tuning for the standard Hemi but not eTorque...yet
I looked at the web page and I did not see etorque compatibility. I stand corrected sir.

Users who are viewing this thread