5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 V6 ordering is now open

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We have recently had a few questions of when ordering would begin for the 2019 Ram 1500 equipped with the V6 Pentastar. We are happy to report that V6 ordering opened up last week, this coincides with what we said back in February about production of V6 equipped trucks beginning this August.

The Pentastar V6 itself has been refreshed for 2019 and comes standard with FCAs new eTorque system. Power numbers remain the same at 305HP and 269LB FT of torque. FCAs eTorque system is able to deliver an additional 90 ft lbs of launch torque on V6 equipped Rams along with being part of the new stop/start system. Ram also says that the eTorque system helps to smooth out transmission shifts by delivering torque to the crankshaft during shifting.

5thGenRams will be at the media launch event for eTorque equipped Rams so stay tuned for our thoughts in the near future. For now you can read the driving impressions for the 5.7 Hemi with eTorque system written by our forum member SpeedyV.

Last edited:

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
When is the media launch event? One blog that had a 1500 review a couple months ago mentioned they were getting the v6 to test in September, is that when the media launch event is?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
When is the media launch event? One blog that had a 1500 review a couple months ago mentioned they were getting the v6 to test in September, is that when the media launch event is?

The event is later on this month, there will be an embargo on driving impressions so we won't be able to discuss that until that's over.

lowell3170

lowell3170
Reaction score
Its time to visit a dealer. I hope it is available in the Laramie.

I'm going to the dealer this evening, as per the Build your Truck site, they are not offering the Laramie with the V6 yet. Maybe I wrong. I may have to wait a few more months for what I will buy. For me, Leather Bucket Seats and the V6.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There has been rumors the V6 will not be available on the higher trims.

According to build and price that seems true...tradesman, bighorn, and Rebel seem to be the only ones to get it. Build and price has been known to be wrong though

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still think the higher trims are going to have the V6 as the base engine. It was stated at the beginning and there is no other way to explain why they charge $1,195 for the Hemi on a Limited as a separate line item. Their whole pricing model is built upon the V6 as standard.

lowell3170

lowell3170
Reaction score
I still think the higher trims are going to have the V6 as the base engine. It was stated at the beginning and there is no other way to explain why they charge $1,195 for the Hemi on a Limited as a separate line item. Their whole pricing model is built upon the V6 as standard.

I am going to a dealer tonight and try to find out the Truth about the Pentastar V6, will they offer it in the higher trim levels. If not I will not buy one. My 2013 SLT 1500 will last for a few more years. I will report my findings to this Forums later today.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe @habu987 ordered a Limited with the V6, maybe he can clarify. I wish the information from Ram was a little more straightforward. Originally the V6 was supposed to be the base then it disappeared and now I believe it's back as the base engine.

lowell3170

lowell3170
Reaction score
I believe @habu987 ordered a Limited with the V6, maybe he can clarify. I wish the information from Ram was a little more straightforward. Originally the V6 was supposed to be the base then it disappeared and now I believe it's back as the base engine.

I went to a local dealer and priced out a 2019 Ram 1500. I told him that I wished I could get a Laramie with the V6, he said you can now get it with the V6. I then ask him if I could get the V6 in the Laramie Long Horn and he said YES. So I price out one and will place My Order after Labor Day.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I went to a local dealer and priced out a 2019 Ram 1500. I told him that I wished I could get a Laramie with the V6, he said you can now get it with the V6. I then ask him if I could get the V6 in the Laramie Long Horn and he said YES. So I price out one and will place My Order after Labor Day.

Ahh weird. Yeah I found @habu987 post and his is a Longhorn as well. Glad you'll be able to make it work. (y)

lowell3170

lowell3170
Reaction score
Thanks for passing on that info. Good luck with your order @lowell3170

Last night I ordered a 2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn Crew 4x2 with the V6. Irovy Tri Coat with the walnut Lower two tone paint, with mountain Brown Buckets seats.
This model comes with 5 pages of standard items, I did not need to add any more options. I hope more rebates will be available in October when it is shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread