5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Uconnect 8.4

jaychris

Reaction score
I was told by my dealer service dept. that Nav could be added as a module for $695 to my 8.4 no-nav. My main (only?) use case really are the times I'm in the hills or mountains on logging roads out of service range for my cell. Some nav units even have the logging roads in the system, but at a minimum you get a trail that keeps you from getting lost (which yes, is something I would do without a paper map or nav trails).

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did they give you a part number or tell you exactly what needs to be done once this module is installed ?

jaychris

Reaction score
Did they give you a part number or tell you exactly what needs to be done once this module is installed ?

They did not, but I didn't ask either. I mostly wanted to know what my options were. For me it was enough at the time to know that it could be done and would cost $695 if I decided to do it.

Vesperia2012

Reaction score
Watching because I would love to get all the features included with the Nav models. Sadly I was explained that all u connect systems had that ability.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Seems a lot of people were misinformed when purchasing and trying to make up for it now is killing us cost wise.

Vesperia2012

Reaction score
Seems a lot of people were misinformed when purchasing and trying to make up for it now is killing us cost wise.

Yeah the more I read about it in these forums, the more it's honestly starting to **** me off. You spend 40 - 60k on a 2019 vehicle... Don't you think something like that should be standard on all trims at that point?

PorBoy

Reaction score
I can understand the basic 5 “ and 8.4 being in Tradesman, but not in optioned up vehicles. Not that I am a Navi person per se but really that would be a striping selling point if included.

Vesperia2012

Reaction score
I can understand the basic 5 “ and 8.4 being in Tradesman, but not in optioned up vehicles. Not that I am a Navi person per se but really that would be a striping selling point if included.

Agreed. Like you, I'm not as interested in the Nav as I can do carplay anyways. But missing out on the auto start from phone, lock and unlock, tracking, and just general info that the Nav units are able to do is upsetting to me.

PorBoy

Reaction score
If what’s true about the module I would gladly pay the $600 to make that happen.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Well we shall see after the gentleman gets us the parts number. :)

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. By the way, how are you changing your current headlights ?

Vesperia2012

Reaction score
^^^. By the way, how are you changing your current headlights ?

I was just going to get Supernova LED bulbs for now from headlight revolution. But I've contacted some aftermarket companies and most are already working on aftermarket plug and play options. So I'll have to wait for now. The OEM tail lamps are plug and play though so that's nice.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Yeah i too felt COMPLETELY "hoodwinked" not by RAM but by UConnect /Sirius for NOT making it totally apparent that my New 2019 Uconnect 8.4 WITHOUT Nav was a TOTAL DOWNGRADE

Having a ton of previous RAMS i never gave it ONE second of thought that i wouldn't be able to use ANY remote features whatsoever because in ALL previous years, if you had the 8.4 screen, you HAD IT ALL... They decided to split the services between Guardian & Sirius, and i didn't get the memo : (

(not to mention i lost my theming ability....grrrrr) So many reviewers had stated "now with vehicles equipped with Apple Car Play/Android Auto Nav is completely unnecessary" and i totally bought into that... Wish i had researched it just a drop further.... I usually n-e-v-e-r take what i read at face value, but come on, i had owned like 10 previous RAMS with Uconnect and always been completely satisfied. Especially with the improvements in the 2018 Uconnect just from the 2016, so i stupidly assumed this HAD to be "better or at least "just as good"...Right? WRONG!

And correct me if i am wrong, but I also immediately inquired about an upgrade, but it is my understanding the ONLY thing 600 bucks gets me is NAV, no Uconnect Remote services of any kind.

No thanks, i really don't need Nav since having Car Play, and besides, even as ditzy as i am, its pretty easy for me these days with my total travel routes 99% of the time being "work, home" Jack In The Box & Walmart : ) The dealer also told me that would require the Rear view Mirror being replaced with an SOS button and such., as it is a COMPLETELY diff system...Really?! Talk about disappointment...

BUT Alas, i've spent the last 2 months of ownership enjoying the hell out of my 2019 RAM and just "giving the finger to my Uconnect screen" every morning when i get in... (it helps : )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread