5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Uconnect 8.4

Sbroussard69

Reaction score
I feel you pain my man! I love my truck and that’s the only disappointment I have. Giving the finger to my unit is an understatement. The wife has a bare-bones 18’ Jeep GC and she has a 4C. She can change her themes, remote start via phone; Not to mention the 4C has the HD radio and a crystal clear screen!

My sales guy is pretty much tired of listening to me. We should ALL collectively harass Dodge! Class action! Especially you guys that have 4x4’s! You paid more than those with 4x2! Haha

See you guys.

jaychris

Reaction score
The part # I was quoted is 39CDT. The process is that the parts manager generates an authorization # under that part #. He gives you the Auth #, you add it to your system, and the nav software module is downloaded.

It's basically a software feature enablement.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I feel you pain my man! I love my truck and that’s the only disappointment I have. Giving the finger to my unit is an understatement. The wife has a bare-bones 18’ Jeep GC and she has a 4C. She can change her themes, remote start via phone; Not to mention the 4C has the HD radio and a crystal clear screen.....

yup yup, my 2018 Sport had an updated Uconnect (prolly EXACT SAME as your wife's) from my 2016 and it was so crystal clear sharp, i would do double takes! Now the resolution of this camera might (and i am not sure on this) be an upgrade from 720 to 1080 cuz THAT def looks sharper, but the rest of the radio isn't as sharp. What the hell Sirius?!

Like i said, if i hadn't of been so dazzled by ALL the improvements, i woulda noticed the radio DOWNGRADE immediately, but i was coming from a Laramie & so busy saying, "wow THAT's included in a Level 2 Big Horn??!! Wow?! And that too?! Wow!! " a hundred times during my test drive so it sneaked past my notice....

And don't even get me started how when i enter the vehicle, i gotta press 20 buttons (slight exag but it helps make my point : ) to JUST get my iphone to continue playing my music... In my 2018 and earlier gens, it was seamless, i entered vehicle, music showed up on "now playing" on the RAM screen....Now, i gotta wait for Uconnect to connect to bluetooth, (and boy does she ever take her sweet @ss time :) , then hit Media, then down press, down press, bluetooth option....THEN it tells me "press play on iphone"...

i'm like, seriously?! This REALLY is a YOUconnect, all the work it makes me do...lol

Users who are viewing this thread