5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 SHAP production video

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love seeing things being built but it raised two questions:

1. At around 1:37, is it my eyes are can you see the spot for the eTorque battery on the driver's side rear wall? You can see the two cab extraction vents are not centered but more toward the passenger side. I have wondered on non-eTorque trucks if that battery space is accessible and how much room there is.
2. At 3:39 & 4:13 you can see a fairly large electronic module that will be underneath the center console. It's got a fairly large electrical harness connected. What the heck is that? I'd never think to look for a module in that location.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Love seeing things being built but it raised two questions:

1. At around 1:37, is it my eyes are can you see the spot for the eTorque battery on the driver's side rear wall? You can see the two cab extraction vents are not centered but more toward the passenger side. I have wondered on non-eTorque trucks if that battery space is accessible and how much room there is.

I believe that is the spot for the eTorque battery, good catch.

2. At 3:39 & 4:13 you can see a fairly large electronic module that will be underneath the center console. It's got a fairly large electrical harness connected. What the heck is that? I'd never think to look for a module in that location.

Most likely the airbag module, very common for it to be under the center console in most vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread