5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Reverse Camera

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Has anybody had an issues with their reverse camera not operating properly ? I took it all apart, checked the camera plug and tail gate latch plug both are clean and nothing is loose , I’m going to lean towards the camera went bad ?? Any help would be great before I spend 100 on the camera .

9F47D979-7ABD-420A-92A0-9B6B5FD79476.jpeg 50D5F946-70FA-499F-990C-E5EDD2DE3B63.jpeg
The reverse camera just flutters like crazy , no blue or green lines in the screen , it just flutters in and out and the screen will go black , and then back to in and out repeatedly.

Last edited:

RedFred

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad connection or short somewhere. I had to change the camera on my 4th gen once due to moisture getting inside the lens. Watched a youtube video and it wasn't difficult. If you don't want to take it to the dealer yet, you can try trouble shooting and getting access to the camera and seeing if touching it or messing with it and the wires has any effect. Or have somebody hit the area around the camera with their hand while you watch the screen to see if the loose connection is near the camera area. Not a perfect answer but I would probably start there.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad connection or short somewhere. I had to change the camera on my 4th gen once due to moisture getting inside the lens. Watched a youtube video and it wasn't difficult. If you don't want to take it to the dealer yet, you can try trouble shooting and getting access to the camera and seeing if touching it or messing with it and the wires has any effect. Or have somebody hit the area around the camera with their hand while you watch the screen to see if the loose connection is near the camera area. Not a perfect answer but I would probably start there.
Yeah I took the camera completely out cleaned out the connections , had a friend wiggle around the wires and it didn’t make any difference , put it all back together and it was doing the same thing

Nickv1214

Reaction score
I also checked UConnect to make sure I’m up to date which I am , so that’s why I was leaning towards the camera is just going bad

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I also checked UConnect to make sure I’m up to date which I am , so that’s why I was leaning towards the camera is just going bad
Have you pulled the radio fuse for 15 minutes, yet? This will reset the radio module in case it might be a software glitch.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Have you pulled the radio fuse for 15 minutes, yet? This will reset the radio module in case it might be a software glitch.
No I haven’t but I did disconnect the battery over night , and that didn’t work I’ll try the radio fuse next

Users who are viewing this thread