5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Quality

kbUSMC2012

Reaction score
I love how everyone cites the fact that there’s a recall and tries to relate it to build quality. Like what would you prefer them do? Ignore it like Ford did with those cars that were catching fire years ago?

The manufacturer is being responsible and taking one on the chin by coming out and saying “Hey guys, we screwed this up, but here’s how we’re going to fix it.” It’s like if you forget to do something at work and you catch your boss before they realize it and you said “Hey sir/ma’am, just a heads up I forgot to do this, but I’m on it. It’ll get done.” You wouldn’t expect to get fired.

But some people trash Ram for it. (Any car manufacturer, really.)

ajosephngs

Reaction score
Ram was the only truck I really liked. I’ve owned fords and Toyota’s and they are solid trucks but so bland and out dated. I didn’t like that ford was pushing the turbo 6 so much. I hate the giant wheel whells on the chevy’s. Assuming build quailty is equal across these brands the only truck that comes close visually is the tundra for me. The 2019 ram interior is the best of all of them. The screen, USB/usbc, adapting center consol all feel sleek and modern and don’t look like they age as quickly as the others from style perspective.

It was over for me when I saw/drove the rebel. I never got comments on previous vehicles. I get a lot of truck envy comments now. Yesterday it was the fedex guy. Seems everyone appreciates the 2019 style. If you like it too, you just need to brace yourself for a couple growing pain recalls. Pride of ownership is rare for me but I really enjoy the ram in way I never felt about an f150.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
So I am looking to buy a pickup for the first time - I have been looking at the 2109 Ram Limited, the 2019 Sierra Denali and the Ford Limited.
While the reviews of the interior and ride quality have been good I have been a bit gun shy to buy an FCA product given they finish last in about every survey.

However in spite of that today I went to test drive a Limited at the local mega dealer - Arrigo.

"Im sorry sir we have no 2019 Laramie -Longhorn or Limited trucks available to test drive.."

They ALL are unable to drive because of the FIVE recalls already on the vehicles.

I asked when they might have one available to test drive - "we don't know?"

You cant make this up. doesn't give me a lot of confidence in their products.

I went on to test drive the Fords and the GMCs - no issues with recalls or problems keeping them from being test driven.

Can anyone who owns a 2019 share some positive experiences with their trucks?

Reposting this from yesterday as it applies to this thread as well:

I get it, my friend, more than you'll ever know, but i got two words for you that you can expect EVEN if you do wind up purchasing a TUNDRA (a vehicle i'm assuming you've had before and experienced limited or no issues : ) insert alternate make model here

I also have had at least 15 RAMS and in the first approx 15000 miles N-E-V-E-R had one issue, and usually sold/traded around the 2 year mark, so i would say they were all "solid purchases" with zero complaints.

However, with this new Gen and i suspect it will occur with every "complete revamp of any vehicle regardless of any manufacturer".... i noticed it immediately from the second i opened the door and "hoisted myself up by the A Pillars, they just felt less sturdy" And as i made my way around the vehicle i could see lots of areas where something just felt "lighter, less durable" than previous gens....Remember, this was truly a re-design from bottom to top, left to right, and i can guarantee you as other manufacturers follow suit instead of just "slapping some new equipment on old designs, they will have more than their share of problems as well....

Those TWO words are, "Quality Fade" and sadly its EVERYWHERE...Whether companies are trying to "lighten the total vehicle weight or just decrease costs or increase speed of manufacturing," the quality WILL suffer. end of story" And its not just autos, i cannot tell you how many time i purchased an EXACT item of something i had GREAT luck with owning in the past, and it also arrived, "slightly lighter, chintzier buttons, fit, finish, whatever" but yet masquerading as exact same item....

With luck, the cuts they make or the less attn to quality control on our "NEW" vehicles will result in "easy fix issues with just a trip to Service Dept," but i am here to tell you, "you just cannot expect 2015 Quality in 2019". It just doesn't exist : (

So either expect the "lower standard" and be "pleasantly surprised when it surpasses your expectations", or hop aboard that train leaving the station who's destination is, "Disappointment City"... Its not going to change, so we have to...(that is, if if we don't wanna spend our days frustrated as all get out, and i know i don't : )

To REALLY sum it up, i will say the new styling of the 2019 is the VERY first truck you can look at from the moment you arrive in your driveway and say, "Dang, what a beautiful truck!!" without feeling the need to improve its looks by adding ANYTHING. The new symetry of it blends well with the rake, so having to "immediately level it" is not anywhere near as necessary as RAMS of days gone by. The re-design of the hood no longer makes the truck look like a top heavy vehicle that's about to fall over, and NOW even the lower level interiors by just adding the $1200-$1400 Level 2 Equipment group give you MORE bang for your buck than ANY mfg has in their 2019 lineup....They've done many things right, a few things wrong, but the option packages offered are the best value you can find, short of 2019 Hyundai's & 2019 Kia's, Ultimate Pkg's but they don't make trucks....

Expect at least 5 mpg under sticker, a few simple Saturday morning Service Dept visits, a true learning curve (because RARELY is enough info provided on any given feature) and maybe an unexpected sensor alert/ occasional warning msgs that may or may not be valid (until they get all the kinks out) and a misc niggle here or there....

But i can say WITHOUT hesitation, you will find the drive, ride comfort and "handling" (and i am talking turning radius especially) is unmatched by any other truck on the road today period. Couple that with the look of the truck, very sleek and modern (but still maintaining the look of a TRUCK) with the available option packages offered

My theory on the 2019 RAM is "You test drive ONE, You buy ONE...its that simple : )

(Just make sure you get NAV if being able to remote start/lock/etc from your phone is important to you : )

Jwsmith

Reaction score
turned in my Silverado LT Jan 30th (leased) but took delivery of my RAM November 30th because of incentives. Was looking at Silverado LTZ and GMC, but one ride in the RAM sold me - great ride and finish. Great technology and flawless so far. I've been GM and Ford since my last Chrysler product (82 Dodge Charger) and have no regrets. Did get the 7 year 100,000 mile extended warranty for piece of mind (would have done the same for a $60,000 plus Ford or GM product). A long term GM friend of mine is taking delivery Monday after riding in mine - do take a ride and see the difference!

acat

Reaction score
Can I buy the extended warranty at the end of factory warranty cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klail

Reaction score

Generally you can always buy an extended warranty. Typically they will still only cover you to a max of 100k or 125k miles or until the vehicle is 7, 8, or 9 years old. For example, I have the option to buy a warranty for 8 years or 125k miles. If I buy that same warranty 5 years from now it they will only offer me 3 year on the warranty.

Jackham

Reaction score
I'm still curious "5 recalls" according to OP's dealer. I'm aware of two, neither of which affect every singlt vehicle produced.

There is the battery ground cable and the adjustable brake recall. That's all I am aware of.

What 3 am I missing, if in fact 5 exist.
I think this is a trolling story.

acat

Reaction score
Generally you can always buy an extended warranty. Typically they will still only cover you to a max of 100k or 125k miles or until the vehicle is 7, 8, or 9 years old. For example, I have the option to buy a warranty for 8 years or 125k miles. If I buy that same warranty 5 years from now it they will only offer me 3 year on the warranty.

thanks bud

alangsam

Reaction score
So I was able to go to another dealer and they had one Limited that had a of the recalls fixed.
I was extremely impressed with the interior. Hands down better than the ford and Gmc.
The 12 in display was awesome. The auto parking actually works. Interestingly I felt the highway ride was similar to the ford and the Gmc however. Maybe it was because it was a 4x4 whereas I want the 4x2.

I think I am now convinced this is the best truck of the 2019’s and will get an extended warranty.

UnLimited

Reaction score
@Jus Cruisin

How did the dealer fix your misaligned window trim? I was basically told "that's the way is out of the factory, we can't fix it, new trucks on the lot are the same way".

thanks

maddog49

Reaction score
@Jus Cruisin

How did the dealer fix your misaligned window trim? I was basically told "that's the way is out of the factory, we can't fix it, new trucks on the lot are the same way".

thanks
They are ordering new trim and will take it off and replace when it arrives.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Jus Cruisin

thanks

It was the trim along the bottom of the window. One end was lifted up, warped, a bit. You could push it down into position but it would stay. They agreed and ordered a new trim piece. Took them maybe a half hour to r&r it.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I am now convinced this is the best truck of the 2019’s and will get an extended warranty.
Well done. Buying any vehicle from any manufacturer is an emotional roller coaster to be sure. You're always second guessing yourself. It's also russian roulette often, with EVERY automaker having some kind of issues. Chevy's/GMC's are underwhelming to drive and Fords feel cheap. Ram has done an outstanding job bringing their trucks into the 21st century with style and excitement.
Enjoy your new truck!

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Maybe start looking into this now. Some extended warranties (all?) can only be purchased WHILE your original OEM warranty is still in effect.

Users who are viewing this thread