5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 1500 production date

Crushermansam

Reaction score
4CABDECB-9F18-40A1-AEF3-3623C9B7CA23.jpeg Hello everyone.
Im about to pull the trigger on a 5th gen 1500 bighorn. On paper work that the dealer has sent me it says. “December Production”.
My question is, is there dates of productions to avoid due to being a complete new design, there’s always the “new car blues”
Until they have the chance to work some bugs out.
Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dec 2019 or 2020? Either way you’re fine.
The only ones I have heard MAYBE to avoid would be very early production spring/summer 2018. Just make sure you have a thorough delivery checklist and that you inspect everything possible before accepting delivery. That’s the best way to try and avoid issues. Inspect it. Test drive it. Run a hose over trouble spots and check for leaks, etc.

Crushermansam

Reaction score
Dec 2019 or 2020? Either way you’re fine.
The only ones I have heard MAYBE to avoid would be very early production spring/summer 2018. Just make sure you have a thorough delivery checklist and that you inspect everything possible before accepting delivery. That’s the best way to try and avoid issues. Inspect it. Test drive it. Run a hose over trouble spots and check for leaks, etc.
Thank you Patsy1099!

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking it is December 2018. But even by then; most of the problems were addressed. I wouldn't hesitate buying a December 2018 build providing the deal was good.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is a Sept 2018 truck, 23k miles, only been to the dealer for oil changes and tire rotations.

Users who are viewing this thread