5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 makes Wards 10 best interior list for 2018

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Today Wards Auto announced their picks for the 10 best auto interiors of 2018, the 2019 Ram 1500 is in some impressive company on the list with its all new interior.

Wards says “Starting with the eye-catching 12-in. touchscreen that dominates the instrument panel, the 2019 Ram 1500 shows the world what is possible inside a full-size pickup truck,” said Drew Winter, Senior Content Director, WardsAuto/Informa. “In addition to the ultra-sophisticated electronics, the materials and design details in the Limited and Laramie Longhorn editions would be at home in a luxury car costing six figures. And, on top of that are dozens of surprise and delight features that turn the Ram 1500 into a lifestyle vehicle for many different — and fun — lifestyles.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwM5exNKgQc

The 2019 Ram 1500 is undoubtedly the class leader in technology, storage, materials and fit and finish. The ultra quiet cabin has a noise level of just 67.1 decibels thanks in part to active noise cancellation, acoustic glass and the most aerodynamic design in the pickup truck segment. A huge innovative center console that slides and locks into multiple positions as well as other smart storage solutions helps the Ram beat it's closest competitors in storage room by almost 100%. Cab length has been extended by 4 inches giving rear seat passengers a class best 45.1 inches of rear seat room with class exclusive slide and recline seating for rear passengers. Technology wise the 2019 Ram 1500 is class leading with options such as adaptive cruise control with stop and go functionality, active park assist, 360 degree cameras and an FCA first integration of their new 12 inch UConnect 4C navigation system. Premium materials are located throughout the cabin with more leather and real wood than any competitor mixed with tight panel gaps creates a first class feel to the interior.

This is a well deserved win for FCA and the Ram team, the 2019 Ram 1500 has some notable company on Wards 10 best list including the Lexus LS500, Lincoln Navigator, Porsche Panamera and Range Rover Velar.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
and the awards keep coming, one reason I am glad that they kept stuff late availability. ...it will be back to back awards on many fronts.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
devildodge said:
and the awards keep coming, one reason I am glad that they kept stuff late availability. ...it will be back to back awards on many fronts.
Its definitely a smart play on their end.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
The interiors on the Laramie and Limited far exceeded my expectations. Jim Morrison mentioned that they listened to their customers who told them they wanted more luxury, they wanted to be able to show their trucks off as much as their expensive luxury cars and Ram paid attention. They gave their customers what they wanted. So, dual thumbs up just for listening to customers in the first place and a second, enthusiastic thumbs up for executing so well on the end product. These things are gorgeous! I'm a huge TRX fan, but if I won the lottery, I'd get multiple trucks just because these things are so well done on the inside. I can only afford one truck, but if I could afford two, I'd buy two Rams. And I'm not generally a truck guy at all. But the pictures and videos I'm seeing on these things are strongly captivating. Ram solidly outdid themselves this time around and it is a lot of fun to get involved in Ram trucks when they're on the rise like this.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
VoiceOfReason said:
Ram solidly outdid themselves this time around and it is a lot of fun to get involved in Ram trucks when they're on the rise like this.
I agree 100%

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Test drove a Limited and the interior was first rate all the way around. I am actually growing fond of the Indigo/Frost. Outstanding job by RAM. I like how they did their research and also noted that the segment is broken into thirds. Those that need a work truck. Those that want a truck for activity and those that want a family truck that they can drive into town and feel like they are in a nice "car" environment.

Users who are viewing this thread