5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn Intermitted no start

Lockgod

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn with the 5.7 motor. Intermittently, the truck will not start. I will get into the truck and push the start button and the truck will not crank to start. I hear a click sometimes. Sometimes the seat moves to my programed position and sometimes it doesn't. When the truck decides to not start it doesn't matter if I use the remote start or sit inside the truck and push the button. If I sit in the truck for a few minutes and continue to push the start button on and off several times it has eventually started. If I turn truck off after it starts the truck will start up again without issues (so far). At one point my battery was below 12 volts so I replaced the battery, and the truck started. I had also smacked the key fob once and the truck started, so I replaced the fob's battery. Each time I replaced and item the truck seemed to start good for a while. Both repairs were done within a couple of weeks of each other. However, the truck is now back to intermittently not starting again. Has anyone had this issue? Any idea why the truck is doing this? Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
I've been experiencing this same issue randomly over the last couple of months. 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7.

I always know when it won't start because I get in and as soon as I hit the brake pedal it's firm like someone was mashing the brakes while the truck was off. Obviously, this isn't the case but that's what it feels like. I've tried jumping the battery and that typically starts the truck. I just replaced the battery last weekend and this weekend it did the no start thing again. I've noticed if I keep mashing the push button start a bunch of times it will eventually start. Because of this, I'm starting to lean towards there being an issue with the button itself.

Users who are viewing this thread