5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 longhorn acting crazy

Alberto

Reaction score
Hi, I have been searching for a fix of a recent strange behavior that started in my pickup truck (2019 ram 1500). One month ago driving at about 40mph all indicator lights went on, wipers, turn signals too, also I lost power steering. I pulled over and shut the engine off. Then started the truck again, now only the check engine light was on, 5 minutes past and the issue started again.
I immediately went to the dealership and they checked the battery and wires, said that everything was OK. Yesterday it started all over again, but now it dangerously shifted to park.

Here's a video when it stared.

I noticed several posts detailing a similar issue, have you found a fix yet?

FYI: couldn't attached the video, bur I uploaded to the cloud instead.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
What codes were stored? With all those lights on, I would suspect a communication error code. A bunch of them, actually. Or a bunch of failed to initialize, something like that. Erratic voltage can cause those. Is the battery original? Forget that the dealership tested it. Plenty of people here have had batteries go berserk randomly but test fine, and once the battery is replaced, it is cured.

Nstoolman1

Reaction score
The remark of it "dangerously shifting to park" could be the RF hub acting up.
Check for the leaky window running down the back seat and shorting the hub.

Users who are viewing this thread