5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 1500 limited wait 30 mins…

Iambatman

Reaction score
I remote started my truck went to enter and grab my handle and the truck wouldn’t unlock so I used the key fob. I put my foot on the brake to start the vehicle and it shut off. (Anti theft system?)
No power to my button(no acc or run).
I charged and load tested the battery and it is fine.
When I reconnected the battery still no run or acc. Unconnect black screen.
Disconnected the battery and touched the pos. and neg. together to drain the system.
Reconnected again and now I’m in acc. and I have uconnect. Now they want anti theft code. 4 digit. Found some numbers thought they would work. Wrong. Now I have wait 30 minutes and try again. Well 2 hrs later go and try again and it still says wait 30 minutes still. I called the dealer he gave me a phone number which transferred me to another number which reset my code but I still have wait 30 minutes so I can’t even type my code in. Wondering if there is a fuse I should pull or some kind of reset I could do to let me type in my new code. I’m hoping it’s not my rf module but

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it's already running you DO NOT hit the brake, the engine will shut off, just hit the start/run button.
Sounds like you created your own headache.

riccog125

Reaction score
The start button is unresponsive that’s what started the problem solving or lack of
I'm having the same situation. Did you get it resolved? And how? I went got code from dealership after I tried what I thought was the code. I disconnected the battery before leaving to the dealer because the truck would not allow me to take it out of ACC on the push button. Reinstalled negative cable and truck says 30min. So i wait 30min (truck still in ACC) and it still shows 30min. Out of frustration, while sitti g in the truck i hit lock with the remote and remote start the truck. I hit unlock, open and close the door, press brake pedal and start button and nothing happens. I cant even kill the truck with push button. I cant drive off. I fumble around with the radio for a few minutes then hit the remote start on the key fob and truck stops. Radio now says 27min. Left truck off with key inside. Hopefully it counts down.

riccog125

Reaction score
I was able to finally get my 30min timer to count down all the way. I noticed when I reconnected the battery and stepped inside the truck with the fob 8n my pocket, the dash lit up and truck start stop button went to the ACC position. The display was on 30min. I disconnected battery again and put remote at a good distance from the truck. I reinstalled cables, shut the hood and made sure doors were closed. Once at the remote I hit lock and remote start. Truck started and I let it run til it turned off on its own. Guessing 10min. Then i unlocked it again, from a distance then locked and restarted. Once that cycle ended it was at 18min remaining. Naturally you can only do 2 start cycles til you have to start it by using the dash button which I cannot. I decided to remove negative cable for a few seconds ro see if it would allow me to restart using the remote again and that worked. I repeated and went through another 2 cycles and was left with 2min remaining. I removed cable 1 last time and after a few minutes the screen went to the keypad so i could enter the code. Truck starts now and I've driven it. All computers aren't back to normal (a/c and cameras). This is after 5 20mi trips. I put a trickle charger on it and I'll revisit in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread