5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Limited - Mirror Issues?

Will Cover

Reaction score
First, I apologize if this topic has been posted and/or covered. I searched 10 pages worth for "mirror" issues but was unable to find anything related to my issue.

I always "fold" in my mirrors before exiting my vehicle. I've noticed on many occasions that when I get back into my truck and "fold-out" the mirrors, the driver's side or passenger's side (or in some cases, both) are left in "tilt" mode (as if I were backing up my vehicle). In other words, the mirrors do not always "recall" back to the settings for which I have them programmed. I can easily adjust it while driving, however, it is more of an annoyance.

If anyone has experienced this issue before with their vehicle, has your dealership resolved the issue for you? If so, what was involved?

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't experienced this, but if I did, I would try hitting the memory settings "1" button on the door that I set for all my settings including the mirrors. Weird glitch though. Also, do you have the tilt mode enabled? If so, try disabling that useless feature altogether. For me, it tilts WAY too far to be useful.

Will Cover

Reaction score
I know that I have pressed "1" to recall my programmed memory setting, however, by the time I notice the mirrors are in the correct position for me, I'm usually in drive and just adjust them manually (electronically). I'll have to make it a point to get to a stop sign or red light and press "1" to see if they will go back into place before adjusting them on my own. Frustrating annoyance.

Tit mode is enabled and you're right, the mirrors tilt too much downward to even be beneficial.

Geaux Tigers!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree about the tilt mode. I had that on a 2006 Silverado, and I loved it. I could have just the passenger, just the driver, or both mirrors tilt when reversing. Wish I could do that on my Laramie. I would use this feature if I could tell it to only have the passenger side mirror tilt. I wonder just how much (if any) testing some of these features are subjected to.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Makes you wonder doesn't it Mike...If Ram would just work out the bugs in the system(s) and all things functioned perfectly and consistently, this would be a near-perfect vehicle for me. Even if they would do it now, almost 2 years after release. FCA doesn't seem to really care if things work as advertised, and well with real-world demands without flaw 100% of the time. The person who signed off on the tilt function must be about 4'3" tall. It makes you think they outsourced the software and hardly test its' functionality and then burry their head up their a$$ and act like it's fine.

Will Cover

Reaction score
Update. I brought to my dealer and they reflashed/reprogrammed the mirrors. 4 days later and I have not experienced the "tilting" again that I originally described in my post.

Will Cover

Reaction score
Update. My problem continues after having my vehicle reflashed/reprogrammed. Does anyone know if Ram has a true "fix" for this? I'm nearing 36,000 miles and I would like to have this issue resolved before I am out of warranty.

Will Cover

Reaction score
I have been informed by one of my local dealerships (this was the first time I brought my vehicle to this dealership - I had previously used 2 other dealerships) that my radio needs to be replaced. They are covering it under warranty. From what they have shared, they feel this is the reason why my mirrors and seating preferences aren't being retained because the radio is the "brains" of the interior. We'll see.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I have been informed by one of my local dealerships (this was the first time I brought my vehicle to this dealership - I had previously used 2 other dealerships) that my radio needs to be replaced. They are covering it under warranty. From what they have shared, they feel this is the reason why my mirrors and seating preferences aren't being retained because the radio is the "brains" of the interior. We'll see.
it would really help if you told us what you have.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt it would be the radio, but definitely take the new radio if they’re offering. The brains would be the memory seat module under the driver seat for the memory recall, and the door modules in the door for the tilt in reverse feature. The only TSB I can find that is remotely close to what you describe is for an update to the door modules. It describes the tilt in reverse not returning to the original position. It says it’s only for 2021MY, but it can probably be applied to 2019.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Huh? you have to click on the title to go to the thread!
not always.
I just got here from my alerts.
which is where I go first.
and title is no where unless I go to first post.

besides op did not post they have a 12 inch screen until I asked.

that to me was the most important item to state.

Last edited:

Will Cover

Reaction score
I doubt it would be the radio, but definitely take the new radio if they’re offering. The brains would be the memory seat module under the driver seat for the memory recall, and the door modules in the door for the tilt in reverse feature. The only TSB I can find that is remotely close to what you describe is for an update to the door modules. It describes the tilt in reverse not returning to the original position. It says it’s only for 2021MY, but it can probably be applied to 2019.

The replacement radio is on order. I am definitely going to take it. I'm not so sure that the radio will fix my issue either, but I have the issue well documented for when I go out of warranty. I was unaware of the TSB for door modules, so, I will keep this in mind should my issue not be resolved.

wvinson

Reaction score
not always.
I just got here from my alerts.
which is where I go first.
and title is no where unless I go to first post.

besides op did not post they have a 12 inch screen until I asked.

that to me was the most important item to state.
Limited only comes with a 12" screen

Users who are viewing this thread