5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Interior Question

RajD1992

Reaction score
So I just picked up my ‘19 Ram Limited from my dealership after dropping it off to fix a rattle. I noticed that the Harmon kardon speakers on the dash were black and not stainless steel like the rest of the truck? Is this how the Limited is supposed to come? I remember them being stainless steel but maybe I was wrong? I can share pics in a bit when I am on my break at work.

Reaction score
Are you referring to the speakers around the center 12" screen on either side? If so then those should be stainless steel too. Mine are.

RajD1992

Reaction score
Are you referring to the speakers around the center 12" screen on either side? If so then those should be stainless steel too. Mine are.
Yes. Let me post a picture of mines they are not stainless steel. I wonder why that is? Should I bring this up to the dealership?

Reaction score
Yes. Let me post a picture of mines they are not stainless steel. I wonder why that is? Should I bring this up to the dealership?
also, I was the one in your other thread with the dash rattle issue. Did they at least fix the rattle? What did they say was the cause?

RajD1992

Reaction score

Attachments

• 471C8E39-5969-4272-BFC6-6BA7ADC2ED0D.jpeg
    471C8E39-5969-4272-BFC6-6BA7ADC2ED0D.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 120
  • DF9674B6-90A1-4ACF-B2C4-C6EDB4BAE75C.jpeg
    DF9674B6-90A1-4ACF-B2C4-C6EDB4BAE75C.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 121

RajD1992

Reaction score
also, I was the one in your other thread with the dash rattle issue. Did they at least fix the rattle? What did they say was the cause?
The rattle is fixed they said it was a issue with the plastic from the center rubbing on the 12” screen from the inside. However I think they royally ****ed up my dash by giving me a cheaper speaker housing!

Reaction score
I meant the first picture this is the speaker housing on my truck? I remember this being stainless steel and now it’s all black.
ah, I can't recall on that speaker off the top of my head. I'll have to check over lunch and let you know. I just happened to have that one picture on hand that I'd taken months ago.

RajD1992

Reaction score
ah, I can't recall on that speaker off the top of my head. I'll have to check over lunch and let you know. I just happened to have that one picture on hand that I'd taken months ago.
Let me know! I’ve been googling pictures and can’t seem to find any! Thanks again for the help!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My HK dash grilles are metal but painted black. You wouldn't want silver grilles there for the glare they'd give off on the windshield. Heck, the white thread in the black leather shows up enough.

Jonathan19Limited

Reaction score
My HK dash grilles are metal but painted black. You wouldn't want silver grilles there for the glare they'd give off on the windshield. Heck, the white thread in the black leather shows up enough.

Correct. The dash grilles are matte colored otherwise they would reflect light like crazy.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I just picked up my ‘19 Ram Limited from my dealership after dropping it off to fix a rattle. I noticed that the Harmon kardon speakers on the dash were black and not stainless steel like the rest of the truck? Is this how the Limited is supposed to come? I remember them being stainless steel but maybe I was wrong? I can share pics in a bit when I am on my break at work.
So does my picture above look normal? That makes sense
Looks normal to me.

Attachments

• 95D79E2A-C1C2-433B-A5F6-84D8E3EAE26C.jpeg
    95D79E2A-C1C2-433B-A5F6-84D8E3EAE26C.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 46

klail

Reaction score
I meant the first picture this is the speaker housing on my truck? I remember this being stainless steel and now it’s all black.
Interesting! Now you have me wondering what mine are. If I had to guess I would say stainless but now I am second guessing myself. I will take a look when I'm off work. Also, the rattle in your dash, what did it sound like? I have a slight sound coming from mine but I would say it sounds like something is slightly knocking against something else when I go over light bumps. It's really faint and no one else can hear it but I know its there.

RajD1992

Reaction score
Th
Interesting! Now you have me wondering what mine are. If I had to guess I would say stainless but now I am second guessing myself. I will take a look when I'm off work. Also, the rattle in your dash, what did it sound like? I have a slight sound coming from mine but I would say it sounds like something is slightly knocking against something else when I go over light bumps. It's really faint and no one else can hear it but I know its there.
That is how my rattle was too. It was basically the plastic rubbing off with a component in the 12” screen. The tech also told me that’s it takes a few thousand miles for your dash to “settle” whatever that means! I actually had a video on my other post of the rattle but have since deleted it :/

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine are the matte black on the dash but for the love of god get yourself a screen protector, those fingerprints would drive me crazy in your pic!

klail

Reaction score
Th

That is how my rattle was too. It was basically the plastic rubbing off with a component in the 12” screen. The tech also told me that’s it takes a few thousand miles for your dash to “settle” whatever that means! I actually had a video on my other post of the rattle but have since deleted it :/
Well I’ll be! Mine are matte, too! 2C5CF368-A71E-4B3A-A3D2-6D4CFC320266.jpeg
Does it seem like the rattle is gone?

Users who are viewing this thread