5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Limited (drama)...

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm sure these problems suck, but no vehicle on the planet blows A/C that is well below freezing, that's an absurd claim.

Really I can get mine blowing 5C(41F) when it 31C(88F) outside. Takes maybe 30 second on my 2014 Outdoorsman. Digital thermometer aimed down the vent. At the vent it reads about 12C(54F).

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Where do I begin... I purchased my beautiful truck right off the showroom floor. 2019 Ram 1500 Limited Black. Every option you could think of... I’ve been driving Ram trucks for 12 years now, so I was looking forward to this upgraded truck.
1 week into my purchase and I already started having issues. The brakes squeal any speed above 30. Took the truck into the dealership. A few days later they came back, said they took the brakes apart and found dust in the brakes. I thought okay...Could be it was in the showroom... the blew out the brakes, put them back together and handed it back to me. The next day brakes were still loud as hell. Drove it back to the dealership. The Svc Mgr said he would personally see what was going on.. 2 days later I get the call. My rotors have heat spots on them from the manufacturer. No way... you just had my truck a few days ago, didn’t see this.. and now my truck has a defect from the plant. Okay. They replaced both front rotors and the pads. Said I was good to go. Drove the truck 150 feet down the street and started hearing a clunking sound. NOT when pressing the brakes... it was while I was accelerating or coasting. Turned around and brought it back. 2 days later they came back and said the tire rod was loose. And I was told this is normal on new trucks... no way this can’t be true... tightened me up and I was good...
But ever since I purchased the truck my mileage seemed off. I started keeping track of it. On average I get 8.6 - 10.4 mpg. Now this mpg is me taking the number of miles driven and dividing it by the number of gallons filled. After taking it to the dealership several times they could not find an issue.. so Chrysler came out. Suggested a reset of the computer system... that did not fix it. I’m at 2024 miles now and still getting horrible gas mileage. I just filled up and I got 9.6mpg. When I fill up the truck it shows I have 232 - 250 miles before empty. All of my other Rams had MUCH better mileage than this.
On top of all of these issues I’ve had numerous issues with the dealership. The put a dent in rear door... scratched up the grill and plastic housing over the engine (did this when they were doing a recall for the engine liner).
This has truly been the worst experience ever.
Anyone else have this type of experience? Chrysler suggested to the dealership that I drive it another 1000 miles to see if the mileage gets better. Sadly that is NOT an option I want to participate in. My expensive truck is now even more expensive with this poor gas mileage. I’ve opened a care case and hope to get some sort of resolution. View attachment 4053
Get a lawyer and try to get a new truck under lemon law

Ickabod

Reaction score
On a side note, this is the brightest I've seen the LED strips on any Ram--this is how I thought they were all supposed to look like!

@JrTwin What light setting did you have the truck when you took the pic with the bright LED strips? Would love to know if they can go brighter.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really I can get mine blowing 5C(41F) when it 31C(88F) outside. Takes maybe 30 second on my 2014 Outdoorsman. Digital thermometer aimed down the vent. At the vent it reads about 12C(54F).

Typical industry standard for automobile air conditioning systems using R134a is as follows:

[Ambient Air Temp vs. Center Vent Temp in F]

Ambient = 70 F, vent = 45F
Ambient = 80F, vent = 46F
Ambient = 80F, vent = 55F
Ambient = 90F, vent = 57F
Ambient = 100F, vent = 57F
Ambient = 110F, vent = 66F

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 003418 miles.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Typical industry standard for automobile air conditioning systems using R134a is as follows:

[Ambient Air Temp vs. Center Vent Temp in F]

Ambient = 80F, vent = 46F

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 003418 miles.
Typo on the duplicate 80F entries?

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Typo on the duplicate 80F entries?

Yes. Sorry.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 003427 miles.

Cajun

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie longhorn, bad brake squeak, at 3,000 miles, they replaced my pads and turned the rotors, lasted 2 days, the squeak is back . Tried to find replacement pads from different company,but none available yet. Crazy this can't be fixed. Kind of embarrassing to drive. My gas milage is around 17 mog. Other than that love the truck

Same here with my Longhorn. I just hit 2900 miles and the brake squeak has started. I have a few other issues when I bring it in but they are all minor.

Shamisc

Reaction score
My brakes squeak too! Pisses me off! They have terrible brake dust too! It was never and issue with my GMC All Terrain Sierra.......hmmmmm

Eeeeek

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited, eTorque, about 1000 miles. No issues so far except crappy gas mileage: 13 in town, 19 highway - a far cry from the sticker. I wonder if the eTorque is not working and is hindering the motor instead of assisting. Any way to check it?

Dealer is clueless and states that without a trouble code there is nothing that they can do.

Oh, 1 minor bug where any changes to the custom icons at the bottom of the display reset to the positions I originally set them to. Odd, as the changes stick for a few days and then revert.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited, eTorque, about 1000 miles. No issues so far except crappy gas mileage: 13 in town, 19 highway - a far cry from the sticker. I wonder if the eTorque is not working and is hindering the motor instead of assisting. Any way to check it?

Dealer is clueless and states that without a trouble code there is nothing that they can do.

Oh, 1 minor bug where any changes to the custom icons at the bottom of the display reset to the positions I originally set them to. Odd, as the changes stick for a few days and then revert.

Are you using the start/stop feature? The eTorque EPA fuel mileage is based on the start/stop feature being utilized.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 005138 miles.

Eeeeek

Reaction score
Are you using the start/stop feature? The eTorque EPA fuel mileage is based on the start/stop feature being utilized.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 005138 miles.
Yup. It is on by default and I don't disable it.

MikeHoncho

Reaction score
Curious to see if these problems are across the board on all trim levels or "certain" trim levels.

Ramajama

Reaction score
One things for sure, I’d never buy ANY current brand of vehicle and consider it a long term keeper. These things are all now quite disposable. Maybe by design? I can’t say but...The problem with vehicles these days is that they are all trying to get cute by out gimmicking each other, rushing product and systems and just trying to get a leg up in the hyper competitive market, all while trying to cut a few corners so they can make a profit. It’s going to get worse before it gets better. It’s like the old saying goes...no matter how hot she is, sooner or later someone is gonna get tired of putting up with her sh!t.

John

Reaction score
It’s like the old saying goes...no matter how hot she is, sooner or later someone is gonna get tired of putting up with her sh!t.[/QUOTE]
Lol, been there my friend!!!

John

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
@JrTwin What light setting did you have the truck when you took the pic with the bright LED strips? Would love to know if they can go brighter.
I believe that's just the camera gain and not the lights. It's kind of dark outside so the lights seem brighter on camera.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Where do I begin... I purchased my beautiful truck right off the showroom floor. 2019 Ram 1500 Limited Black. Every option you could think of... I’ve been driving Ram trucks for 12 years now, so I was looking forward to this upgraded truck.
1 week into my purchase and I already started having issues. The brakes squeal any speed above 30. Took the truck into the dealership. A few days later they came back, said they took the brakes apart and found dust in the brakes. I thought okay...Could be it was in the showroom... the blew out the brakes, put them back together and handed it back to me. The next day brakes were still loud as hell. Drove it back to the dealership. The Svc Mgr said he would personally see what was going on.. 2 days later I get the call. My rotors have heat spots on them from the manufacturer. No way... you just had my truck a few days ago, didn’t see this.. and now my truck has a defect from the plant. Okay. They replaced both front rotors and the pads. Said I was good to go. Drove the truck 150 feet down the street and started hearing a clunking sound. NOT when pressing the brakes... it was while I was accelerating or coasting. Turned around and brought it back. 2 days later they came back and said the tire rod was loose. And I was told this is normal on new trucks... no way this can’t be true... tightened me up and I was good...
But ever since I purchased the truck my mileage seemed off. I started keeping track of it. On average I get 8.6 - 10.4 mpg. Now this mpg is me taking the number of miles driven and dividing it by the number of gallons filled. After taking it to the dealership several times they could not find an issue.. so Chrysler came out. Suggested a reset of the computer system... that did not fix it. I’m at 2024 miles now and still getting horrible gas mileage. I just filled up and I got 9.6mpg. When I fill up the truck it shows I have 232 - 250 miles before empty. All of my other Rams had MUCH better mileage than this.
On top of all of these issues I’ve had numerous issues with the dealership. The put a dent in rear door... scratched up the grill and plastic housing over the engine (did this when they were doing a recall for the engine liner).
This has truly been the worst experience ever.
Anyone else have this type of experience? Chrysler suggested to the dealership that I drive it another 1000 miles to see if the mileage gets better. Sadly that is NOT an option I want to participate in. My expensive truck is now even more expensive with this poor gas mileage. I’ve opened a care case and hope to get some sort of resolution.
View attachment 4075 View attachment 4076 View attachment 4077 View attachment 4078 View attachment 4079

My check engine light cane on around 1000miles..got a code for bad coil, misfire. After the dealer swapped it my mpg has gone up about 1-2 mpg and this is after my lift. So it was running 13-14mpg on stock height(Before 1000miles or before the coil swap) Now I'm on 3.5 lift and 35s and get 14.4-15.5 mpg in city.. I believe the bad coil was somehow misfiring since day 1, before the check engine light really picked it up and bringing down the mpg. Because with a level or lift the mpg goes down, but after the coil misfire fix, and being lifted now it's better.. I wrote this up fast sorry but I plan on making this subject a thread to help others. I think this can play a role in your situation

MTShells

Reaction score
My Laramie is such a disappointment. I have always had GM pickups but liked the looks and features of the new Ram so I bought one. Bad move. My truck has so many electronic gremlins that it really causes me concern for the long-term. The dealership of course has never heard of the problems that I am having. I had to have a guy sit in my truck and show him. His response...I see the problem and will get back to you.
Never did get back to me and getting an appointment with them is an entirely different issue. Was going to wait until the 2019 Chevy was out for a bit but I didn't and now I have huge regrets. I am openly telling people that it is a electronic POS and to not buy one. Always wondered why people steered clear of Dodge/Ram now I know why.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
My Laramie is such a disappointment. I have always had GM pickups but liked the looks and features of the new Ram so I bought one. Bad move. My truck has so many electronic gremlins that it really causes me concern for the long-term. The dealership of course has never heard of the problems that I am having. I had to have a guy sit in my truck and show him. His response...I see the problem and will get back to you.
Never did get back to me and getting an appointment with them is an entirely different issue. Was going to wait until the 2019 Chevy was out for a bit but I didn't and now I have huge regrets. I am openly telling people that it is a electronic POS and to not buy one. Always wondered why people steered clear of Dodge/Ram now I know why.

That's a bummer, but sounds fixable with a shop that cares and does good work.

Users who are viewing this thread