5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 1500 limited blu tooth issue

nds_1127

Reaction score
my new 2019 ram 1500 limited ,when speaking on phone through blue tooth my phone mutes and I have to pu my phone or person on other end cannot here me , dealer claims its apples problem and apple has 0 knowledge of this issue dealer says they cannot fix , any ideas?

I've had my 2019 Limited for about a year and a half. I've used both an iPhone X and my current iPhone 11 Pro. I have had no issues. If your iPhone hasn't been turned off for a while I would turn it off and on again. Sounds simple, but can often fix the problem. Sorry, not much help.

Lots of us have that problem, I've been fighting it since mine was new in April 2019. Its at the dealer after I contacted FCA, jumped thru a bunch of hoops and the have a "case". It will be the 3rd time I've had it to the dealer but the first time getting FCA involved. They act like they've never heard of this but if you go over to the 12" Uconnect forum you will see lots of us with the same issue.

Same issue here. Mine also has many many issues streaming music. Currently making moves to fight fca on this. Had the issue for over a year, been to the dealer 6 times for this issue. FCA corporate's official position has been that they recognize the problem, but do not have a solution for it. They keep promising an update that will fix the issue, Ive been waiting for said update since January of 2019...

Basically, they cannot fix it, it's something inherent in the hardware of the units and there is no fix at this time. Bring it to the dealer enough times and you can lemon law it...

I have noticed a few times where my Bluetooth wasn’t working very well (Bighorn) and it seemed to be related to my other Bluetooth headsets. I use powerbeats and airpods on a pretty consistent basis, it seems to “want to transfer” randomly throughout the conversation and essentially makes it so we can’t communicate on the phone.

It’s frustrating but I just end up plugging it in for CarPlay, that seemingly does something to prioritize the car audio and I don’t get an audio transfer issue.

Now if I could just figure out why CarPlay volume is not as loud as Bluetooth media volume I’ll be all set ^_^.

Anyways hope that made sense, pre coffee posting is dangerous ^_^.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my new 2019 ram 1500 limited ,when speaking on phone through blue tooth my phone mutes and I have to pu my phone or person on other end cannot here me , dealer claims its apples problem and apple has 0 knowledge of this issue dealer says they cannot fix , any ideas?
Lots of us have that problem, I've been fighting it since mine was new in April 2019. Its at the dealer after I contacted FCA, jumped thru a bunch of hoops and the have a "case". It will be the 3rd time I've had it to the dealer but the first time getting FCA involved. They act like they've never heard of this but if you go over to the 12" Uconnect forum you will see lots of us with the same issue.
I have noticed a few times where my Bluetooth wasn’t working very well (Bighorn) and it seemed to be related to my other Bluetooth headsets. I use powerbeats and airpods on a pretty consistent basis, it seems to “want to transfer” randomly throughout the conversation and essentially makes it so we can’t communicate on the phone.

It’s frustrating but I just end up plugging it in for CarPlay, that seemingly does something to prioritize the car audio and I don’t get an audio transfer issue.

Now if I could just figure out why CarPlay volume is not as loud as Bluetooth media volume I’ll be all set ^_^.

Anyways hope that made sense, pre coffee posting is dangerous ^_^.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Same problems here.... After reading the forums and seeing no one else has been able to get this Bluetooth issue resolved I'm not even going to waste my time. It appears everyone is still waiting on the infamous 4th quarter update. They fooled us they never said 4th quarter of what year. If @RamCares really cares they will tell the uconnect team to get there a** in gear.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

I'm back at the dealer, now they want to replace the bluetooth antenna. I've started a case thru Uconnect customer care before taking the truck to the dealer. Its supposed to be fixed tomorrow.

I've had everything except the radio itself replaced. they even replaced my backup camera citing a tsb that it could cause interference with the signal. Nothing has made a difference. I was told update was coming in january of 2019 when I got it, a year and a month later, still waiting for the update. FCA customer team does not care one bit, they recognize there's an issue, but are telling me that they aren't going to do anything about it and admit that there is no fix at this time. I mean, they could replace the radio with something that works, or they could replace the entire vehicle if they had too, but nope, that's too expensive. Instead, they are choosing to do NOTHING about it. I absolutely love this truck, but this may have turned me off to Ram for a while...

I had this problem with the new uconnect and radio software, and after applying the 13.1 IOS update it hasn't come back since... crossing my fingers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back